• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Cut it. Pour Tordon on the cut end. Tordon can be purchased at Big R, Rural King, etc. plus it is a neat shade of blue!

I would like to plant some of it for my K9 to try to destroy!

Last edited:

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Go to your local CO-OP and try "reward" its not listed for bamboo but it kills everything and its safe in run off waters. They recommend adding a "surfactant" to it but adding a tsp (per gal) of plain lemon dish soap has the same effect. Just add it after adding water...sudds you know. Last I check a gallon goes for a couple hundred but this is real stuff.

It's an aquatic herbicide and you pay more for that, and it is no longer safe for water when you use detergent as a surfactant, as detergent is not listed on the label. You must use a non ionic surfactant to be within label restrictions.

Garlon 3A can be used as well around water with a non ionic surfactant. But for his application see my earlier post.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    It's an aquatic herbicide and you pay more for that, and it is no longer safe for water when you use detergent as a surfactant, as detergent is not listed on the label. You must use a non ionic surfactant to be within label restrictions.

Garlon 3A can be used as well around water with a non ionic surfactant. But for his application see my earlier post.

Is Garlon 3A available in 1 gals. For home use a 2.5, at what about $250 is not quite sensible, is it?

Even a gallon is going to be what $100?

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Take a saw or chainsaw and cut off the top leaving about 6 inches sticking up. They spray it with full strength Round Up. This will work. I had a maple tree that got rooted up through some concrete and kept breaking the concrete. Did this and killed it DEAD.

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    Agent Orange has a reputation for doing the job...if you're not concerned about your grandchildren having extra arms and legs and other unusual growths on their body.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    Cut it then treat the stumps with glyphosate "roundup" at a 5% solution that is about 3X what the premix is. Tordon is another good one it may take more than one treatment.

Top Bottom