• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Thanks for the input fellas, I will take all of it into consideration. I know it's overkill,I just want to see what that bullet will actually do to a deer before I decide to get rid of it.
    If it's not ported I'd send it to MagnaPort. Then practice. Pistol hunting is a sit and be ready game. At least it is for me. If I'm not rock steady, elbows on knees and forend on a bipod I'm prolly gonna miss. I use a .35 Rem Contender.

I can hit a milk jug at 100 yds in a group about the size of my fist. Inside about 3 fa" from a rested position. Farther than 110 yds I let 'em go.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I like to still hunt, with a wheelgun, iron sighted.
    Even in a stand, my shots are offhand with revolver.

Had a TC for 1 season, scoped. Never saw anything big enough to shoot.

It's on my list though, to shoot a deer with a scoped performance handgun (either get another TC or use my dad's Striker 7mm-08).

A few yrs back he loaned me his Ruger SRH, with Burris 1-4X and I hated it. Had an 8 pt lined up, from stand, branced even, and a big vine covered right where I wanted my bullet to go at 80 yards so I let the hammer down gently.

Hate scoped handguns.

So I yanked it, and shot that buck a week later iron sighted, out a ways off a big hill. Stupid, but it worked. Won't do that again.

Must say my .35 Rem TC was FUN to shoot jugs and even paper with, scoped (low setting) esp from Creedmoor position.

Maybe find one after X mas, somebody trade a clean easy open G1 frame in. I just put a Rem 742 on layaway..........my toy budget shot for a lil' while.

Oh well, it's not like I'm spending money on deer processing ;)

I might snag a SRH and convert it to rifle, gotta be better than that other version ;)

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    E.A.Brown company will put a muzzle brake on that cannon-----cuts 80%of the recoil--cuts down on the dreaded "FLINCH"--I have a T/C in 45-70---with a GREAT brake by E.A.Brown---recoil similar to a hot .38 Special

tallend,in Anderson

bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    E.A.Brown company will put a muzzle brake on that cannon-----cuts 80%of the recoil--cuts down on the dreaded "FLINCH"--I have a T/C in 45-70---with a GREAT brake by E.A.Brown---recoil similar to a hot .38 Special

tallend,in Anderson

It Is a factory ported T/C "First Production" barrel. I couldn't imagine if it wasn't ported. lol

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    I hunt with a Ruger super redhawk 44 mag with open sights. With 240gr hornady xtp and 19.3 grs of 2400.
    To me, it is more fun than long gunning.

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    Since they lagalized handguns fo deer hunting, I've taken bucks with Smith's, Rugers, Colt, TC all in 357's or 44 mag. It's not so much the caliber but shot placement. My favorite shot with a handgun was with a 357 open sighted 6" Python at 20 yds. I was in a fence row tree stand when he came in from downwind in an unpicked corn field. At 20 yds he stopped and lifted his head to smell, he must have winded me. He was facing directly at me, I put the front post on the white patch of his throat. At the shot his back legs folded and then his front legs, took out the spine. He never new what hit him. That memory always brings a smile to my face. No better way to hunt than with a handgun.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Oh let me add, the first two were at one doe at 70yds. I took the first shot and she just stood there and watched me reload and get my shooting sticks out of my backpack. Itook the second shot through a fork in a tree but hit the tree. The buck just stood there too but I think I blew his eardrums out:)

you may want to consider spending some quality time at a range :D
    i've hunted several times with a side arm capable of being hunted with. usually my taurus tracker .357 with a 6' barrel. i have killed several deer with it even out at 50yards.

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    I recently purchased a 50 cal inline muzzleloading pistol and am looking forward to upcoming muzzleloader for that reason, got a rossi singleshot 44 mag new for firearms and broke it in Thanksgiving morning with a buck and a doe.

Top Bottom