• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I'm a Glock shooter and have been for over 20 years. I don't plan to ever carry anything else but a Glock.
    I own other pistols for range guns and enjoy shooting/owning many different brands. I've always wanted a Walther from the first time I ever seen the P99. I also own a p22. I love the looks of the Walther. I love the way the gun feels, but can't say I'm crazy about the economics of the design. Just not what I'm use to.
    I can't shoot it very well at all. I struggle to hit a 5 inch plate at 20 yards with it. I think my problem is the trigger. I hate it. It's a very long trigger pull and I don't know when it's going to break. I think if I could master the trigger, I could greatly improve my accuracy.

Any other P99 owners here not care for the trigger? Did you just get use to it or is there a cheap fix? I don't want to put an aftermarket trigger in it, like I mention, it is a play toy to me and that's all it will ever be. I haven't tried the different grips that came with it, that might help since the gun feels small in my hands. I also plan to shoot it a lot once ammo comes a back down.

Over all I love the gun and would think nothing about getting it again.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I don't personally own one but a buddy does. He loves the thing and is a hell of a shot with it. It did take him a bit to get used to the trigger though. His main issue was that it was pinching his finger against the trigger guard when it fired. After he got used to keeping his finger higher on the trigger he fell in love with it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'm a former owner of two different 1st Gen P99s. One in 9mm, the other in .40.

Top notch ergonomics. They're the ones that started the whole interchangeable backstrap deal that everyone else has these days.

I think the AS (Anti-stress) triggers that are on many of them is a marvel of engineering. It's basically like having three different trigger "modes" on one gun. You can choose how you want your first shot to be. And then there's the slide mounted decocker. In a handy spot to actuate with strong hand thumb (right handed, anyhow) or support hand thumb.

9mm magazines have been hard to find for a LONG long time now - and expensive when you can find them. SW99 mags are the same pattern and will fit.

Mine didn't like non-brass cased ammo. Really didn't like steel cased ammo w/ lacquer coating.

I found the .40 to be unpleasantly flippy. Too flippy to get fast followup shots - at least for me. The 9mm was rather flippy, too. The platform is "tall" above the web of the hand - this leads the flippy nature.

Now that I've shot much more and had some training classes, I wonder how I'd handle the P99 now that my grip is better.

I walked in to smoking deals on both of mine - used - both from Gander Mountain in Greenwood. I don't know that I'd buy another one - but I'm still a fan, in general, of them.

-J-

Clay319

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Boone County
    I love my P99. I bought it when they first came out maybe 10 years ago. It shoots everything steel or brass except Brown Bear ammo. And that may have been an ammo problem as several shooters had FTE using it with their guns also that day. I have shot thousands of rounds thru it and it is just getting broken in nicely.The DA/SA does take some adjustment but it is possible to get used to. A great example of German engineering.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Had to do it!

P99+-3.jpg

tumblr_ltw9hzrbG01r0r77co1_500.jpg

walther-p99.jpg

1341636965_8107398e95.jpg

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I've owned the P99 in 40 with the AS trigger. I loved it! Only reason I sold it was to by a P99 in 9mm with a AS trigger. I still haven't been able to find one new under $900 because of the recent panic buying.

I did have a chance to fire the P99 with a DOA trigger but didn't care for the LONG pull either.

Top Bottom