Any Utah or handgun training classes in Northern IN?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Elkhart is about an hour away from me, not to bad, if you get one closer I would prefer it. I don't know where you schedule this class at but there is a gun club in Chesterton Indiana not far from the tollway. I was wondering if you contacted them they might have members there that would be interested that are not on this website I know a lot of these guys carry, I am not a member, just a thought. Here is a link just in case this is something you would be interested in pursuing.

North Porter County Conservation Club in Chesterton, Indiana

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks... I have contacted this club in the past about offering a Utah course but never received a reply. If you know anyone there that you could contact that would be great.

Regards,

Jim

Elkhart is about an hour away from me, not to bad, if you get one closer I would prefer it. I don't know where you schedule this class at but there is a gun club in Chesterton Indiana not far from the tollway. I was wondering if you contacted them they might have members there that would be interested that are not on this website I know a lot of these guys carry, I am not a member, just a thought. Here is a link just in case this is something you would be interested in pursuing.

North Porter County Conservation Club in Chesterton, Indiana

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Thanks... I have contacted this club in the past about offering a Utah course but never received a reply. If you know anyone there that you could contact that would be great.

Regards,

Jim

There a guy on the M&P forum boards that I met I'll e-mail him.

Okay I did it, I'll let you know what happens.

Last edited:

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana

Regards,

Jim

I got an e-mail from one of the administrators that they are probably
    interested. He asked for your info and I sent it to him. Good luck Jim.

Phil

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I am discussing a North Central IN class....

With a local gun shop in that area. I should know something the beginning of the week when I speak w/ their manager. I'll post the info as soon as it becomes available.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Id make the drive to Lake or Porter Co. from Lafayette for a UT class. Its my home town area so it would be an easy trip.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Depending on the numbers I could come up there to teach but you would have to provide a safe shooting range. PM me and we can discuss the details. I teach the NRA's Basic Pistol Course which can get you a Florida non-res license.

Four people?

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    Can someone please just tell me they never plan to offer a course in the near future so I'll quit wondering?

Not having a course near NWI is losing a major audience from Indiana interested in getting their Utah permit.

DJM95B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Schererville, IN.
    Class in Hammond

I just called Midwest Detective and Security located at 6339 Indianapolis Blvd. in Hammond. They still are offering the Utah class on Thursdays. You have to stop by their office and drop off $50 deposit, at which time they will enroll you in a class. Their phone number is 219-845-8530.

Top Bottom