Any tricks for painting single pain windows???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I see you may have already decided, but just to add, I have painted ton's of windows in my life. I don't spray because I like the quality of the brush but I just brush it on the window and scrape later. This gives you the best looking, sharpest edge and the bead of paint helps to seal the window just a bit more.

I can paint and scrape faster than cutting in super careful or taping, of which both will not produce as good as a job.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I see you may have already decided, but just to add
    The windows are going to be brushed... Just the building sprayed. Maybe hit the trim because they could use as many coats as they can get. They are quite dry.

The building exterior is about 1000 sq ft. So it would be work to brush, roller would not do it with the ship lap siding. It will need a couple coats anyway.

I am doing a little at a time. So far windows have 1-3 coats. Some I hit more that others (right now)

Thanks for any ideas!!

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I remember seeing a painter pro paint windows with an angled paint brush and he deliberately put a little paint on the glass and he said that was to seal the joint so that water couldn't get into the wood so a little paint on the glass isn't a bad thing.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    As a kid helping my grandfather paint windows, he would run chapstick around the edge of the glass. You could easily scrape it off with the paint sticking to the chapstick or let the sun dry it out several weeks and it would fall off the glass. I have heard that the glue sticks work about the same.

Top Bottom