• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Paper targets only is usually standard. I take a roll of packing tape. Nothing worse than walking out to the 100yd line stapling up a couple targets and watching them both fall after the first shot. Keep your muzzle pointed down range and watch for others not doing the same. Just follow the posted rules.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    Some ranges have chickenwire with clothspins to hang up your targets. If the one you are heading for does that you might want to throw in a few extra pins in the shooting bag in case those in your lane are shot up and they have run out.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Bring a friend. That way you can take turns changing targets. One goes this time, the other next. That way you always have someone watching your back and helping to police the line. And someone to watch gear/firearms/ammo that is left behind to make sure none of it grows legs...

poweraddict

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Greenfield
    Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I'll aim to go on a day that isn't very busy after reading all your posts. I wasn't even thinking of needing a buddy to watch my back and stay with the gear while putting up targets. I also wasn't thinking about potential thieves because I was planning on going alone, but I'm sure when it came to walking away from my firearms I would be really apprehensive. Also using a poster board sounds like a great idea.

Top Bottom