• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I might have a job for you. Pm if interested...

2013-02-279517-36-539571.jpg

Last edited:

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    No to refinishing those hardwoods? Just asking because you don't see the herringbone pattern too often, and it looks immenently refinishable. Of course if you want tile, you want tile. Would you be ripping out the hardwood?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Yup, my dad installs tile... unfortunately he's too far from you... and it's not the type of tile you're thinking... he installs drainage tile... :D

On a serious note... DIY if possible... I did my first tile job from reading a book. Now, it was only 50 square feet or so but I did a rather complex pattern and it still turned out rather well... the hardest part of the job is mixing the grout by hand if you don't have a mixer (your arms will thank you later if you buy a grout mixer attachment for your drill)... and the 2nd hardest part is washing the grout until there is not more haze left on the tile. This is pretty hard if you have a rough texture tile...

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Hey guys? That picture I posted? That's the tile I'm wanting installed. Porcelain tile with wood grain print.

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Oh...

Okay,

Perhaps it's just the picture then. But I think you'd like the results of well finished hardwoods in herringbone better.

The picture looks like the well worn hardwoods in my rentals after a 5 year tenant. Perhaps it would look better with some glossy seal.

Of course if that is the look your after that is the look your after.

I think actual hardwoods won't cost much more, will look better, will be refinishable at least 2-3 more times unless you do burnouts on them, and will have a warmer feel.

Top Bottom