• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I had an early millenium pt140 that I had probs with and could hardly hit the broadside of a barn with. But since I've heard they've fixed some of their problems and am hearing better things about them. I'm thinking about picking one up in 9mm sometime as a backup. I did just have a taurus judge 3" barrel that I just sold. I really liked that gun but due to loss of job, needed the money more. I want to buy another one someday though. And also currently have a model 608 357 mag with 6 1/2" ported heavy lug barrell. Its my hunting sidearm I just bought last fall. And I love it, I'm more accurate with it at 50 yards than I am with any of my shotguns, lol. (that's part of why I use my muzzleloader with the 357 as a sidearm, lol)

sswheeler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Indy
    85 ultralite = no problems, i love it. I also have a taurus 22 pump rifle,polished stainless with brazilian hardwood stock. It might be my favorite gun?

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I had one in 1990, it was a piece of :poop:

1990-ford-taurus-sho.jpg

:D:D:D

MMMM SHO goodness!! :D That's a first gen (89-91) taurus SHO. My daily driver is a 92 SHO 5 spd. I've surprised many people with how fast it is. :D

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    My first-hand experience is kinda limited, but it's all been positive. I owned a PT100 for several years, purchased cheaply from a coworker in need of cash. I shot a few hundred rds through it, and it always worked. It hit right where I was pointing it with 180 gr. loads and grouped about as well I was capable of holding for. I sold it to a fellow who wanted a nice .40 more than I did.

I've owned my stainless 4" M94 .22 revolver for about 20 yrs. It's never let me down and I've never seriously considered letting it go. IMO, a rugged, versatile, reliable utility revolver that's quite acceptably accurate and relatively inexpensive to own and shoot - a lot.

I wouldn't hesitate to pick up another Taurus if the need and opportunity arose.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I have owned 3. No complaints at all. I CC a 66 now. Shoots a lot like the S&W 686 I used to carry. :)

I call shenanegins! (trenchcoat hoslter?):D

I have a Taurus Model 66 and I love it as well. But no way I'm carrying a six inch barrel and trying to conceal.
    Minees a stainless. Shoots straight and looks good like a .357 should.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

I have a Taurus Model 66 and I love it as well. But no way I'm carrying a six inch barrel and trying to conceal.
    Not sure about the shenanegins lol. A friend of my moms carried a 6in S&W 357 as his CC gun in a shoulder holster.Granted he is 6'10 and wore it under a suit jacket.But it is possible lol.

Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN

Shenanigans? Shenanigans did ya say??? well laddys just watch yerself!

HEH HEH Its a 4". And I didn't say how well concealed it was. Can't wait to get something a wee bit smaller.:D

EMC0853

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I was driving one in 1991 and took a deer with it on I70. Performed well.

Only owned one firearm from them, firing pin broke after about 250 rounds.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Shenanigans? Shenanigans did ya say??? well laddys just watch yerself!

HEH HEH Its a 4". And I didn't say how well concealed it was. Can't wait to get something a wee bit smaller.:D

OK. You can at least attempt to conceal a 4".

Ya know if you get somethibng a wee bit smaller you'll have part with a bit o' the green :joke::D:D

mickar15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I've got a PT1911, and it has become my new favorite carry gun.

It eats what ever ammo I feed it, including my reloads. It is accurate, and has a great 4lb trigger.:)

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    I have a titanium snub nose .38 w/ hammer and ported muzzle. very nice and very light. flawless at range. I really like the key that locks the action and disables the gun and gives peace of mind with kids in the house. :yesway:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Just to make it easier to write, I'll use "I", but I really mean "I" = my friend bought this, because guns are baaa-:sheep:-aaadd mmkay? "I" bought this back in 29 Palms 20 years ago brand new. I wanted a Beretta just like Martin Riggs carried, but as a poor PFC I was unwilling to fork out 2+ month's pay for the real deal, so I settled for the poor-man's version.

DSC03515.jpg

The finish is no longer pristene, mainly thanks to his brother's lackadasical attitude in cleaning/caring for "my" guns, but mechanically, there has never been an issue with it. The only possible complaint is the notch of the rear adjustable is not perfectly square, but this merely a cosmetic issue, and doesn't affect the accuracy or adjustability of the rear sight one bit.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Don't know how I missed this thread. I'm very much a Taurus fan. We've owned a number of them over the years, and they've all performed well for us. Only one I didn't like was the Model 94, and that was because the gun ended up being smaller and lighter than I really cared for.

norsk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    My wife and I each have one: .38 revolver for her and a pt24/7 compact .45 for me. We both love them. I really like the way mine shoots and carrys, but I do have a problem with my index finger hitting the mag release during recoil. I have not had this issue on other handguns, so I suspect it is just the way my hand fits on this gun. I am toying with the idea of selling it because of this, but may just try to 'train' myself to move my finger. Anyway, we have not had any issues with either gun.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I picked up a PT 145 Pro today from Bradis in Camby and got a good deal from some good folks .

Now if I can find some cheap ammo I'll get to go to Eagle Creek this weekend .

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    My first revolver was a Taurus .357, (I still have it after 23 years) and my primary carry piece is a MilPro 145. I've never been disappointed with any Taurus firearm and will likely buy another down the road. I like 'em a lot.

Top Bottom