• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbowman75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2011
    Marion
    I have a Samsung Galaxy 2 10inch. I couldn't ask for a better tablet for the price. I got mine from bestbuy.com. It was factory refurbished and looked brand new. Not a scratch on it. Plus you can buy an extened warranty for it also. I think I paid around 250 or less for it.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I know you've already jumped and bought a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, but wish I could have seen this thread a little sooner.

My buddy bought a ASUS Transformer pad TF300T 32gig and it's a wonderful tablet, 8 megapixel rear camera with large F/2.2 aperture, 1.2mp forward facing camera, and a 1280x800 screen that produces a great look for graphics.

Speakers and mic are very good

Also has G-Sensor, Light Sensor, Gyroscope, E-compass and GPS.

I liked it so much I bought a good used one off of Ebay Friday night for $200.00 and I'm in the process of jumping on a dock for it.

He bought his new with a dock for almost $500.00 and he's miffed that I'm getting a almost new condition TF300T. Now if I can score on that dock, I'm in like Flynn.

Also, one thing to note, one of the reasons I'm getting this is to use it for Google's Hangout video conferencing, we did a test run on my buddies TF300T and linking up with my Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone and was very impressed. So now we are trying to get a lot of the family hooked up because you can Hangout with up to 8 people @ a time.

It'll be nice to have in the living room when something pops up on TV that we want info on and don't have to run to the other end of the house to hop on the computer.

Man those look nice! Might do a little more research on that and consider swapping the Tab for it. Depends on how well the Tab hooks me once it's in my hands.
    Always just assumed ASUS was one of them knock off brands....:dunno:

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I'll through my vote in the a Nexus camp. Cheap for a tablet. Does everything you need, nothing you don't. No need to root as it just a straight up Android with no overlay.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I just picked up a 16GB mini iPad today (Meijer and Walmart have them for 10% off) and I love it for reading. The screen isn't as nice as the retina models, but it's so light I can easily hold it with one hand.

kevhed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Chesterton
    I've had the Nexus 10 since they came out. It is awesome. My girlfriend has a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and while it is a nice tablet, the Nexus will run circles around her tablet. That being said...If you're using this for school, I would have recommended the Galaxy Note.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well my Ebay bought ASUS TF300T Transformer tablet arrive to day and I am extremely please with it. Is not a scratch on it and looks like a NIB product.

Should have a dock arriving tomorrow or Friday that I got for $45.00, so I got what I considered a almost new item and dock for a grand total of $255.00.

Tablet was 210.00 + 10.00 shipping and dock was 45.00 with free shipping.

I was streaming some BrightHouse cable channels earlier that was great on the quality.

Getting ready to start a marathon app download right now.:rockwoot:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I have a Kindle Fire HD but i rooted it and made it look like most other tablets out there

personally i would prefer the Google Nexus 7 but the Kindle Fire HD is a close 2nd. If you can get the Kindle to look like a normal tablet and not with the stupid carousel its right up there with the Nexus 7 IMO

I can link you to a website that can assist in rooting and making the Kindle look different but thats if you are interested in doing so.

I have one of the original Kindle Fire's. Will they do the same? If so I might be interested.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well my Ebay bought ASUS TF300T Transformer tablet arrive to day and I am extremely please with it. Is not a scratch on it and looks like a NIB product.

Should have a dock arriving tomorrow or Friday that I got for $45.00, so I got what I considered a almost new item and dock for a grand total of $255.00.

Tablet was 210.00 + 10.00 shipping and dock was 45.00 with free shipping.

I was streaming some BrightHouse cable channels earlier that was great on the quality.

Getting ready to start a marathon app download right now.:rockwoot:

Awesome! Definitely give me a review once you've had time to put it through some use. My Galaxy Tab should be in tomorrow.

Beardown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Southern Indy
    I've got an android phone and ipad 3. I know op already purchased, but to anyone else looking, I really recommend trying to stick with the same platform. It can be really annoying trying to do the same thing on two different operating systems. Also, if you want the app on both, you have to buy it twice. I love my ipad and love my galaxy s3 but I'm sure I would have loved one of the android tablets.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well here's my first attempt @ using my new to me ASUS TF3003T and docking station. Stand alone by itself is really nice, great performance, apps works like they should. Color and brightness is outstanding for a tab.

WIFI connection is vastly superior to my Samsung Galaxy S3, getting a good 20 feet further connection than my cell on wifi.

Initial battery run today was 9.5 hours streaming video from BrightHouse Networks using their BHTV app, and this was with the brightness cranked up all the way.

Feels fairly light considering it's size and using the touch screen keypad is vastly better than using a smartphone screen, even my 4.8 inch screen on the S3.

Keyboard arrived today and I immediately tried the docking feature and it was a breeze to attach & detach. Battery was discharged on the dock, so I had to charge it. Took 3 hours from dead to full. Tab charges faster, even with a larger battery.

Adding the dock really puts on the weight to it and gives it a smaller than notebook feel, but larger than a netbook.
    Will have to do a drain on the dock and tab over the weekend because they are rated @ 15 hours, from what I have read it has a weird discharge rate, tab stops at 70% then runs off of the dock battery till it gets to 70%. Weird, but nice because if you have to saucer separate (for all you trekies) you're not killing one entirely.

Taking pics and video are a breeze, although video is a little cumbersome with the tab being wide and a little awkward, both are very good on resolution and the forward facing camera is great for video conferencing.

Well that's it for now, will attach some pic's after I post this, forgot to take one.:D

One thing to note, I had seen a few post out there on the interwebz that the touch screen showed fingerprints horribly. They are right on the money on that, thankfully I have an old microfiber cloth and a spray solution that I use on my glasses that takes care of it very good. Looks like I'll be getting a protector for the screen.
    20130509_235109-1.jpg~original
    20130509_235809-1.jpg~original

Last edited:

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    I've got an android phone and ipad 3. I know op already purchased, but to anyone else looking, I really recommend trying to stick with the same platform. It can be really annoying trying to do the same thing on two different operating systems. Also, if you want the app on both, you have to buy it twice. I love my ipad and love my galaxy s3 but I'm sure I would have loved one of the android tablets.

this is so true...if you go with Android as a phone....stick with it as your tablets and vice versa if you use an IPhone

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom