• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I have a Sig 226 roughly from 1989. I've changed the fireing pin, fp spring,decocker spring, trigger bar springand the main spring and I'm still haveing failure to fire.
    This is with my reloads AND my brothers( its all I shoot).
    Now I could see it being a high primer issue if it was just mine or my brothers reloads, his work fine in his Sig,Glock and Berreta.
    I'm open to suggestions on what to look for,
    Thanks Kenny

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I have a Sig 226 roughly from 1989. I've changed the fireing pin, fp spring,decocker spring, trigger bar springand the main spring and I'm still haveing failure to fire.
    This is with my reloads AND my brothers( its all I shoot).
    Now I could see it being a high primer issue if it was just mine or my brothers reloads, his work fine in his Sig,Glock and Berreta.
    I'm open to suggestions on what to look for,
    Thanks Kenny
    Sorry if I am breaking an rules here,but your question may be better answered on another forum. There is a Sig Specific website. (Sig Forum) they have armorers section to where their guys will try to answer questions.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I, too, would like to know if there is a SIG armorer somewhere around here...just for future reference. I'm a member of the above mentioned forum, but it'd be nice if there is a local to turn to.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Thanks Audie , I've been a member there for yrs. the replys I've gotten say its a primer issue with my reloads and my brothers . but Ive been reloading for 20 yrs and have had this pistol for 4, havent had an issue with either until the last 4 months.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    drillsgt,
    It varies in the mag, might have none might be 5 or more.
    Light primer stikes, sometimes it takes 3 or more trys to get it to go off, this is with winchester and wolf primers. other times they all fire first try.
    this is with my reloads and my brothers,( they both work in his gun and my cousins)
    I'm thinking its the trigger bar not pushing up on the firing pin block enough

Top Bottom