• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I was wondering if there were any other night blind ingoer's besides me?

I personally have a double issue is along with very poor night vision I really only have one working eye so distance is almost impossible to tell at night without massive lights.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    I prefer the night

Sorry to hear it, no corrective surgury or procedures,natural healing to be done or curve ?

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    i hate driving at night. i cant read signs or judge distance very well. its not so much of a problem if i know where im at but if im out of my comfort zone then id rather just not drive.

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    Yes. Due to a genetic condition. Things need to be moving or have a great amount of contrast for me to see them in low light. Stairs look no different then ramps to me in low light for example.
    There are only a couple of streets in town with adequate lighting that make it possible for me to drive at night safely and even on those it is extremely difficult.
    So I am either home before the end of civil twilight (thumbs up to the app the lets me plan for that) or I am getting a ride. Several times I have asked a passenger to take over driving when delays have pushed a day trip longer then anticipated.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Wow, that sucks. I can actually see into the IR range; once my eyes adjust I can see you in the dark by your body heat. I guess I'm Inframan!

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    I find it more difficult to see details at night than it used to be. Especially if there is light shining in my eyes from other drivers.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Yes. Due to a genetic condition. Things need to be moving or have a great amount of contrast for me to see them in low light. Stairs look no different then ramps to me in low light for example.
    There are only a couple of streets in town with adequate lighting that make it possible for me to drive at night safely and even on those it is extremely difficult.
    So I am either home before the end of civil twilight (thumbs up to the app the lets me plan for that) or I am getting a ride. Several times I have asked a passenger to take over driving when delays have pushed a day trip longer then anticipated.
    Im kinda that way here. I still dont see how people can even drive at night with only the low beams. Im running equivelent to a cars high beams to just do 20mph and that is still barely enough.
    Also what app do you have that lets you plan as I would love to have that?

Sorry to hear that. I have the opposite problem, light sensitivity. However, I've always been able to see pretty well at night, better than most i think.
    Actually I kinda have that as well. So im kinda equally messed up.
    But I just carry around sunglasses that I wear everywhere even inside sometimes.

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    I
    Also what app do you have that lets you plan as I would love to have that?

The app I use is called Sunrise Sunset Lite. There is a pay for version as well but the free one does what I need it to. It allows me to change the date ahead to see when sunset and the end of civil twilight will occur on any day I might be planning a trip.
    The pay for version allows one to select a different location but since I am only concerned about getting home before dark I don't need that feature.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The app I use is called Sunrise Sunset Lite. There is a pay for version as well but the free one does what I need it to. It allows me to change the date ahead to see when sunset and the end of civil twilight will occur on any day I might be planning a trip.
    The pay for version allows one to select a different location but since I am only concerned about getting home before dark I don't need that feature.
    Thanks

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I have bad eyesight in general but when I was little I got shot in the eye with a homemade bow and arrow. Depth perception hasn't been all that good since. Depth perception and being highly light sensitive make it hard to see things properly at night.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have bad eyesight in general but when I was little I got shot in the eye with a homemade bow and arrow. Depth perception hasn't been all that good since. Depth perception and being highly light sensitive make it hard to see things properly at night.
    Youll still have better vision than me most likely. Man that must have hurt like crazy to get hit by. Also Im guessing youll where trying to do a william tell trick or was it a misfire?

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago

I don't have a dedicated app, but I use the google sunrise/sunset calendar add-on and it shows up on my google calendar app. I track the bears games and moon phases also.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Well i like the night time.. i would prefer to drive at night less traffic. But, the only time ibhave trouble seeing where i am going is at night after or during a rain. I have a hard time seeing the white strips so i prefer the hammer down lane with the solid yellow line. In such circumstances on the interstate highways. I have a friend who has "fog" lights all along his bottom bumber of his car so he can drive at night he says they help his perception.. by really lighting up the road close and his low beams project normally but further than his fogs.. so he gets his perception by the contrast of the two different light sources... so he knows how far the fogs project etc... maybe thatp will help some of you..

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Youll still have better vision than me most likely. Man that must have hurt like crazy to get hit by. Also Im guessing youll where trying to do a william tell trick or was it a misfire?

I'm not quite legally blind but without glasses or contacts I can see a couple inches at best. There was no William Tell or misfire. I was up in a hayloft (that happened to be missing a small piece of the door) and the person shooting the bow was hitting the door and outside wall of the barn. One miss and the arrow went right through the hole and barely stuck in my eye. Hit right at the edge of the white of my left eye. It didn't really hurt too much and I got to wear an eyepatch for a couple months so as a fairly young kid, I was fine with it.

King Matthew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Tipton
    I am extremely sensitive to light. I found that tinting the entire windshield of my vehicle, in addition to all the rest of my windows help tremendously. I though it may hinder me at night, but it actually helps to remove most of the glare of oncoming headlights and takes away the halo from around most other lights at night. It is legal if you have a note from your optometrist....at least that's what I found online.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I cant drive at night. Used to be if I was familier with the road and there werent any streets light, on coming traffic i could manage. Not anymore. I tunred on a what I thought was a road, it wasnt. Luckily I didnt hit anything or get stuck. I dont drive when its dark.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I actually like it dark compared to light. I turn off all my lights in the home to watch TV. I have great vision at night, so long as I'm wearing my contacts or glasses. My wife on the other hand seems almost blind at night, and wants the house lit up like a Christmas tree from wake-up to bed time.

Top Bottom