• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    I see a lot of you with Scripture in your signatures.

Just wondering who else is a Christian (read - I didn't say perfect) here on the forum.

If you are a Christian, Id like to ask you what's your most interesting story in your walk with Christ.

:rockwoot:

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I am a Christ follower.

It just keeps getting more and more interesting.

Currently I am leading a Bible study group at my church. The group is pretty diverse in age and life situation, but centers on youngish married couples. There is no end of drama associated with this group: job issues, marriage issues, financial issues, and on and on.

I'm just trying to build a strong sense of community among us as we learn how the Bible addresses our everyday lives.

That's plenty interesting.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    How about a deep theological question:

Is everyone who professes to be a Christian...a Christian?

Another: If you were somehow brought to trial on the charges of being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict?

I am a follower of The Way. I have asked Christ into my heart, to forgive my sins, to save me from the eternal separation from God.

But I struggle. I'm a sinner. I attempt to walk daily with Christ. I fail. I know that it will only be by the grace of God that I will gain entry into Heaven when I pass from this mortal coil. (meaning that it won't be due to anything that I've done, other than to accept Jesus for who he is)

As to your question, at this point in my life, I'd say that the most interesting story would have to be how I met my wife...and the ensuing 7 years before we began dating.

-J-

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I am, but I don't seem to be what people expect in a Christian, especially when it comes to politics.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    LOL..... OMG another thread for argument.... Wheres Meach I am sure he has an opinion on this too... He will think it is more Muslim bashing and explain how we as Americans have caused all the trouble in the world.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    I believe what i believe and most of it is Christian, but I do not believe in organized religion. I think it is on the level of the mob. pay for protection. Not what God would want.

Tha said...My girlfriend has started back to church and has been saved. She is looking for a modern service with comtemporary service. We live in Avon, anyone know of a comtemporary christain service nearby?

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I am, but I don't seem to be what people expect in a Christian, especially when it comes to politics.
    What people expect depends greatly on geographic location and what kind of Christian community one is associated with. I try hard to not have expectations about a particular Christian's politics. I want to have fellowship without being worried about such trivial items.

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    I am a Christian. I believe that Christ died for my sins, was crucified, and on the 3rd day rose from the grave, having victory over death. Now, all anyone has to do is accept this gift of His grace to be saved. It is not by anything that we can do, but what Christ has done for us.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I believe what i believe and most of it is Christian, but I do not believe in organized religion. I think it is on the level of the mob. pay for protection. Not what God would want.

Tha said...My girlfriend has started back to church and has been saved. She is looking for a modern service with comtemporary service. We live in Avon, anyone know of a comtemporary christain service nearby?
    PM sent.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    LOL..... OMG another thread for argument.... Wheres Meach I am sure he has an opinion on this too... He will think it is more Muslim bashing and explain how we as Americans have caused all the trouble in the world.
    I'm sorry that you think this will devolve into an argument. Most Christians I know aren't interested in arguing about it. Do you have another experience?

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    I'm sorry that you think this will devolve into an argument. Most Christians I know aren't interested in arguing about it. Do you have another experience?

rmcrob you misunderstood my post, I am NOT saying that Christians (of which I am) are interested in arguing I was making a comment about what happens to every thread on here about politics, religion, or XD vs Glock...

Look at the Arab festival thread and you will see what I am talking about..

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    What people expect depends greatly on geographic location and what kind of Christian community one is associated with. I try hard to not have expectations about a particular Christian's politics. I want to have fellowship without being worried about such trivial items.

I say that because in every political discussion I get into here, my position is grounded in and supported by my faith... even (or perhaps especially) the discussions about sex offenders.

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I believe that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. He is the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes before the Father except through Jesus.

Thankfully, it will be Christ the savior who stands for the chosen, so that we may be forgiven, because based on my own merits i would surely burn in Hell. His blood washes our sin and makes us clean, if you place your faith in him. He is the only Hope for eternal bliss.

Praise God for his plan of redemption, thank him for his mercy and grace.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I am a Christian, but I do not belong to a standard denomination...actually I go to a non-denominational church....hmmm I guess it could be argued that since several non0denominational Christian Churches believe similar things they are actually a denomination, but that is another discussion.

Much like Indy_Guy said, I am not perfect, I will never be perfect no matter how hard I try Period. It is only through Christ that I will gain entrance into heaven. I do believe I am favored for owning an XD though....ok sorry not the thread or place for xd comments

Tha said...My girlfriend has started back to church and has been saved. She is looking for a modern service with contemporary service. We live in Avon, anyone know of a contemporary Christian service nearby?

You should check out Harvest Bible Chapel, it is where my family goes, very contemporary modern service. We are a plant that started last March, since we have been averaging about 500 people including children to our two services. We actually mean in the Regal Cinemas Movie Theater there in Avon. Here is the link http://www.harvestindywest.org/ Hit me up with a PM if you are interested in more info, I will be there this Sunday!

Now, yes they take collection and people give money to the church. You would be in no way expected to do this. I would keep in mind though that there are several references to supporting the church in the Bible.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Back to the question of the OP, I must +1 on what Deer hunter said, sums it up well., and I can't knowingly go on sinning I must make effort to conform to his likeness.

Thru many years of doing it my way God gave me a family to love and to provide for His Way!

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    rmcrob you misunderstood my post, I am NOT saying that Christians (of which I am) are interested in arguing I was making a comment about what happens to every thread on here about politics, religion, or XD vs Glock...

Look at the Arab festival thread and you will see what I am talking about..
    OK. Thanks for the clarification.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    snip...How about a deep theological question:

Is everyone who professes to be a Christian...a Christian?

snip...
    -J-

I believe the answer is no...Check out this verse (I do however encourage you to read the entire chapter, as it is easy to pull one or two verses out to make it say anything)
    Matthew 7:21-25
    21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Also the chapter goes on to tell the story of the wise man that built his house upon the rock and the foolish man the built his house on sand.

The moral of the story is that both men did hear, both men took actions, one did not have the faith.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom