• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fatduk1963

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Warren IN
    firing up my vac-sealer thinking of things to vac. for my BOB-GHBs in each car / truck . and to make the wife / kids BOBs lighter . but Bacon is my drug of choice, then jerky !!!!! :D:D

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Carmel
    If you're going to freeze it or store it in the fridge, it might extend the shelf life a bit, but if you are storing it at room temperature or higher it will go bad pretty quick.
    The fat will go rancid and rot. (Note: I've never tried it, so feel free to experiment! Let us know your results.)

Have you seen this canned bacon? It's tactical. :bacondance:
    Not only will you get your bacon fix, but you'll be high-speed low-drag in the process.

fatduk1963

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Warren IN
    bacon came out good took it to the woods with bread sat. we was takeing some trees out every one wants me to do some for our boy scout camp out in may . gonna do some turkey bacon also lower in salt. i kept it in the beer/jerky fridge , I make jerky 2-3 times a week.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Or if you are frugal like me: Can your own bacon Not precooked, but still ITS CANNED BACON. BlueEagle told me this needs to be the first thing I learn how to can.
    The heat in the canning process pre-cooks the bacon for you... you don't need to pre-cook it before canning. It may not come out of the jar like you prefer your bacon, but at that point it is completely safe to eat (assuming it was canned properly).

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    The heat in the canning process pre-cooks the bacon for you... you don't need to pre-cook it before canning. It may not come out of the jar like you prefer your bacon, but at that point it is completely safe to eat (assuming it was canned properly).

Raw bacon is the only way I could ever have enough bacon in one place at one time to fill a quart jar. If I had to fry it first, the pile would never reach critical mass.

Top Bottom