• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I have hit two. Girlfriend one...in my truck!! One major damage, the other no damage, but bonked deer in the head (Fawn) crap. The one she hit caused 8,000 damage, went in the grill antlers first at 75 mph on the interstate, then was dragged underneath and we ran over top of it. Not good. We were going out for my Birthday!!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have hit two. Girlfriend one...in my truck!! One major damage, the other no damage, but bonked deer in the head (Fawn) crap. The one she hit caused 8,000 damage, went in the grill antlers first at 75 mph on the interstate, then was dragged underneath and we ran over top of it. Not good. We were going out for my Birthday!!

BBQ deer for B-day dinner?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I hit one a few years ago on RT 10 west of the old Naked City in Roselawn,In on my way to an NRA day at the Illinois State rifle and Pistol Club around 10 A.M. in the morning. Saw the deer start accross the road and started to slow down but not fast enough, hit the deer and it rolled down the road and took off. got out to look at my 2007 GMC pickup truck and was lucky it only took out my grill, left headlight, and A/C condensor but didn't damage any sheet metal. called my insurance guy and said to call him on the following monday to get the truck fixed. $3200.00 damage without a deductable and full coverage.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I've run over 2 with a semi in 2 seperate incidents. The first one was bobtailing to the house and only 1/4 mi from home. The second came out of the walmart parking lot in Corbin, KY and got nailed at about 45 MPH. Minor body damage both times. Guess it was major body damage to the deer. Minor to the truck.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I had a 5 year run up in Winamac where I hit one each year. Three at that wide sweeping curve just south of Star City on SR35 and two on county roads. Never any major damage, luckily. Worst thing that happened was I lost a grill on my F150.

I got a goose north of Chicago last week in the semi though. Just watched the feathers fly in the mirrors. Stupid geese.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My fiance had one jump into the side of her first car. She was driving, and I hear "oh look, deer!" as she points at the 3 that already crossed the road. I looked up to see the one that was mid-stride in the lane...

The chest caved in the front fender, the head took off the mirror, then the butt swung around and caved in the rear fender... The best damage was the hoof print in the rocker panel. We had to climb in and out of the driver's door from Scranton to Harrisburg.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    my daughter hit 3 at once when she was 17... She was heading south on Business 31 in Fulton County between Rochester and Argos.

Police officer that came to the scene handled it very well and got her calmed down very well. He told her next time to shoot them, bullets are less expensive. he waited until her father got there and let them go on their way. She was one lucky girl, 3 dead deer and her car was still able to be repaired.

l_6c27dddcc98acc81b3fdc4daadace8fc.jpg

l_dad0e59fd56783e7a0705d414052d571.jpg

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Couple years ago, my younger brother and his girlfriend were riding his Yamaha Motorcycle at 9pm, heading back to my parent's house. They live out in the country. A huge doe had come running out of the corn, and plowed directly into the side of the motorcycle. Both of them flew off the bike, and they were going 60-70mph. My brothers leg was pretty busted up, his girlfriend had to have a ride to the hospital in an ambulance. And the bike was ridable a month later.

My brother said that the deer was screaming as it lay dying. It still gives him the chills....

2nd story.

There's an older guy that lives smack dab in the middle of town. Last year, a deer walked right thru his front screen door. And pretty much wrecked everything in sight. He had to get the town cops to chase the deer out of the house.

Since then, he has a "deer crossing" sign nailed into his front door.

Top Bottom