Any nascar fans out there? Yea i know seasons over for now.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Any true nascar fans out there? Just wondering if there were. With Jimmie Johnson and the 48 team on their dynasty run, Who do you think will knock them off their run? And wich non hendrick team do you see winning the championship in the future?

Im a 48 fan for life. But my number two guy is the 11 Denny Hamlin. I think Hamlin and Kyle Busch are the only 2 guys that might knock them off if Mark Martin doesnt do it first.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    mullet11246503315.jpg

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Big fan here. Being the Pittsboro native I am, im a huge Jeff Gordon fan, Jimmie Johnson is awesome just because hes #48 which is 24+24. I dont get to watch it much, but I am a huge NASCAR, and motorsports in general, fan. :rockwoot:

Id like to see Kyle Busch take it but im happy with Jimmie winning.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    Have been a big Nascar fan for years, but it's getting harder and harder. Real tired of the Jimmie Johnson show. If he had to drive half the cars out there he would quit. I would love to see Mark Martin do it. If Jimmy Spencer would come back, even that would be a welcome change, and I couldn't stand him when he was driving. Ok I feel better now.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Yeah Been a nascar fan since I was 10. I am a Jeff Gordon fan. The only reason why I started liking him when I was little cause my dad was an Earnhardt fan and he hated/hates Gordon. So I decided to pick him as my driver and has stuck with him. And since I work for a Lowes DC I def dont mind seeing Jimmie win either, I really hope Gordon can win another championship before he retires.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    *** can i get a mod to change title and take out the seasons over for now part***

Figured I would post my weekends pictures here instead of starting another thread. The 48 is on the verge of another championship season. I know its still early in the year but winning 3 of 5 races this year is kickin ass. Cant wait to see how he performs at martinsville this comming weekend where he has won multiple times in the past. Go Jimmie! :rockwoot:

On a side note...anyone that hasnt been to bristol motor speedway. Needs to go if you want to see some of the best racing nascar has to offer. Not to mention the state is a beautiful one. :yesway:

100_2663.jpg

100_2666-Copy.jpg

100_2667.jpg

100_2739.jpg

100_2737.jpg

100B2742.jpg

100B2761.jpg

100B3021.jpg

100B3161.jpg

100B3190.jpg

100B3230.jpg

100_2851.jpg

100_3153.jpg

100_2961.jpg

100_3252.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRy3KKzQd70"]YouTube - ***The Noise is Incredible***Bristol Spring Race 2010 Last Rear Wing Race COT[/ame]

Last edited:

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    A very good friend of mine lived in Johnson city when Bristol was built he and his buddies use to go out and hang out at the track even got to go out and race on the track. His grand kids even work at the track when they race. has had tickets ever since it was built.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    I am. Which is why I don't watch it anymore. Between the chase, digger, boogity, fake green-white-checkers finishes, the COT, constant rule changes and leaving traditional tracks for second dates at places like Fontana I just couldn't take anymore.

If you think all that is bad...I saw on tv they are testing fuel injection systems....lets see how many fans they loose with that. I'd have to say they would loose 20% fans on just that move alone. :noway:

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I stopped watching NASCAR about 4 years ago due to the following reasons...

-NASCAR hasn't really cared about driver safety for the last ten years. Earnhardt wore his seatbelts in a fashion the manufacturer did not recommend and in fact, Bill Simpson told him personally the change the configuration to a more standard one but he was treated as god by NASCAR and the fans. Subsequently after he died, NASCAR couldn't blame the god for his own death so the tried as hard as possible to make Simpson the scapegoat and nearly succeeded. NASCAR didn't put a single penny into developing the crushable car body to absorb impact, the HANS device, the SAFER barrier, tethers for car parts, etc. Yet every time I watched a race I have to hear Darrel freaking Waltrip worship at the altar of NASCAR propaganda by spouting off about the millions of dollars NASCAR put into developing these items without giving any due to Indycar, CART, and F1, who actually spent all the development dollars for these safety features. Makes me sick.
    -The races are WAY too long...and slow...and boring.
    -Pure personal preference here, but I like to watch fast cars race when touching each other has real consequences. I can keep my foot to the floor and move the steering wheel about an inch while banging into every car around me for 9 hours...actually I may fall asleep during the race if it gets too boring.
    -Lets see...a driver intentionally wrecks another driver, who gets airborne, nearly getting into the catch fence. He isn't sorry and even goes on the elaborate why he did it on purpose, like he is some pitcher getting revenge for his player getting hit in the previous inning. Only this isn't a fastball at 90 MPH that will leave a bruise, it's a 2500 pound vehicle moving a 190mph almost directly at fans with a driver inside. And NASCAR's hillbilly leadership want more "beatin n bangin" so Edwards gets probation. Was it double secret probation?
    -I hate to say it, but as a resident of Speedway, I can tell you that if it wasn't for the money the NASCAR crowd bring into the town...and Indy as well...we would like nothing more than to see the race replaced with an endurace race with the Grand AM series or the ALMS. NASCAR fans are the worst/dirtiest/least respectful I have ever seen here...and my 70's and 80's Indy 500 attending, snake pit remembering, father agrees. My dad and I had never ever seen anyone throw something on the track (except for the occasional beach ball) ever, and he has attended every Indy 500 since 1960 and every Brickyard 400. I have attended every 500 since 1986 and the first 8 Brickyard 400's and the first time I saw a beer thrown on the track at the winning car my dad had to restrain me from throwing the mulleted orifice down the stands. I mean, a full beer just wasted like that. I haven't been back.

Eh...way off topic, sorry bout that. The above are simply my humble opinions.

Top Bottom