• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Hey I need help. I have a M-1 Clone made by IAI (Isreal Arms ) I belive.
    Can not afford a real one unfortunetly.The problem I am having is that maybe every 3rd shot will not extract.Feeds fine. But rounds seam to get stuck in chamber have to use a dowl rod to force out. Some time will not even pry out with a screw driver.Not every round will jam. I bought it used in INDY at time looks like hardly every fired (I wonder why). looked at brass coming out don't see any swelling or anything. Could I just have a
    really tight chamber that needs time to break in, or is this junk an may need a gunsmith to resize. Seams if I add a little extra lube in chamber it
    will shoot a few rounds more then if not. Need help and advice.
    Did I get had.:xmad::ar15:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    It could be it is the ammo, I saw a report on Wolf 30 carbine ammo and if I remember right they said it was doing the exact thing you are talking about, could also not be broke in, try oiling it up good every round or two and but a few hundred rounds Thur it, thats the best I have to offer without seeing the gun. Hope this helps.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    It may need a serious chamber brush cleaning. .30 carbine and .308 Win have both stuck on me. It's kind of like hydraulic seizure; in that, the round is literally trying to fit into the chamber with sludge that gets left over from a lousy cleaning. The rifle may look clean; but, most owners don't actually take the time to really clean the chamber well.

Just a thought. But, you may buy the .30 caliber chamber brush, or a .30 cal. piece from a sports place. Clean it GOOD, rule that out first.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    lubing the chamber might be the cause itself.... lube allows carbon and other debree to stick to the walls of the chamber DECREASING tolerances and INCREASING friction... m1 carbines only need a light touch of oil on the lugs and bolt and action raceways....

after you take mettles advice and give it a thorough cleaning then try flitzing the chamber, and clean our really well again.... next i would try a new extractor spring.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I use the brass brush that came with the Panther to brush the chambers of both the Panther and M&P15T everytime after shooting. I do that with my Rem 700 too. The Rem is much easier, just take the bolt out and clean.

Hoss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Thanks guys. The lubing of the chamber I just tried last week while at the range before i fired it. It seemed I would get at least 2 more shoots before jamming. A in the advice for Ejector spring a few times it has locked the bolt closed or the old round you have to force out. It will not just come out easily. I will try cleaning the chamber by flitzing do you mean polish it
    with fliz. I have always wanted a Carbine and this is so heart breaking.
    I h

Hoss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Thanks guys. The lubing of the chamber I just tried last week while at the range before i fired it. It seemed I would get at least 2 more shoots before jamming. A in the advice for Ejector spring a few times it has locked the bolt closed or the old round you have to force out. It will not just come out easily. I will try cleaning the chamber by flitzing do you mean polish it
    I have

Hoss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I have been

Hoss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I have been using

Hoss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I have been using PMC, and

Hoss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I have been using PMC, and surplus

Hoss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I have been using PMC, and surplus Korean ammo.
    Any advice on ammo choices.

Hoss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Have no idea what happened here to make it post so many times.
    Boy I look like an Idiot.

Top Bottom