Any local places to buy a decent gun belt?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'm on the chubby side, but not what most would consider 'fat'. I'm on the 3rd tightest hole while OWB and on the 3rd loosest hole while IWB.

If I lose any weight though [working on it] I'll either need to have some more holes added or I'm going to have to get a new belt.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Again, Daltech Force...Belts start at around $35-$40. Tough as nails and if you use INGO in the promo box at checkout, you get 10% off. I have used 4 different belts from them and have 3 in my rotation (i gave one to my dad) and have had no problem. Nothing against other belts, but for the money, I haven't found anything better.
    Just ordered one of these. I was going to go with the $20 Cabela's belt from esrice's review thread but it's $40 on their website. So I went with Daltech Force (a Hoosier company) and applying the INGO discount got me down to what the Cabela's belt would have been with tax & shipping.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    On the review that Esrice did, I bought the Super Bio Belt from Daltech Force. They are made in Angola, IN and with the coupon code, my belt was shipped in 4 days for under $50. I have only had it about 2 weeks but I love it.

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Local..? Couldn't help ya but theres a place on the net that makes really great gunbelt holsters that will last a lifetime! Comes equipped with heavy duty chicago screws and the one i got ran $40. Company is called tennesse holster company. Google them.

Daltech Force

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Thanks all for supporting the Indiana made BULLBELT at DaltechForce.com. We think we have a great USA made gun belt and hope you do too. Use the "INGO" discount code and get 10% off all items - SuperBio belt, BULLBELTS, Single layer, Dual layer, Reversibles, etc. We had a request for a Zombie gun belt so we made one. We took the same high grade hides we make all our gun belts out of and beat it up and took a grinder to the buckle. It looks pretty distressed but still carries a heavy gun. Tip: Only use neat's foot oil or mink oil if you want to darken the leather and make it flexible. Keep a gun belt stiff with a water soluble leather conditioner and it won't darken the leather either. In our shop we completely submerge old leather tool belts in neats foot oil and let drip dry but it darkens the leather and takes out that stiffness you want to keep for a gun belt. Thanks, Alex Dallas, owner/pres

Daltech Force

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Amish belts are poor copies of our BuLLBELT. They skimp with a steel plated buckle that will chip and rust. Make sure you get a solid brass or solid stainless buckle. Check the edges and make sure they are rounded and burnished and sealed. Edges absorb water when not treated and create a weak edge that will foldover - not accceptable for carry. Amish make good stuff but they don't carry!

Daltech Force

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Let me know how you like it - We made it just for you. Make sure you like the fit and get in around the the third hole. Send it back if you want another size. No problem at all. Thanks!

Daltech Force

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Yes hole options are important on your belt. About 90% of our belts are made with 7 holes at 1". Next is 9 holes at 3/4" and I'd say next is the 10 holes at 1" and last we have a few that still like a few holes and they get 5@1". ITW and OTW with the same belt always opt for 7@1". If you really want to nail your size you can order belt in any odd one inch increment instead of just the even number sizes. Thanks!

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Yes hole options are important on your belt. About 90% of our belts are made with 7 holes at 1". Next is 9 holes at 3/4" and I'd say next is the 10 holes at 1" and last we have a few that still like a few holes and they get 5@1". ITW and OTW with the same belt always opt for 7@1". If you really want to nail your size you can order belt in any odd one inch increment instead of just the even number sizes. Thanks!

Thank you, I have one of you belts, it's great. :rockwoot:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Thanks all for supporting the Indiana made BULLBELT at DaltechForce.com. We think we have a great USA made gun belt and hope you do too. Use the "INGO" discount code and get 10% off all items - SuperBio belt, BULLBELTS, Single layer, Dual layer, Reversibles, etc. We had a request for a Zombie gun belt so we made one. We took the same high grade hides we make all our gun belts out of and beat it up and took a grinder to the buckle. It looks pretty distressed but still carries a heavy gun. Tip: Only use neat's foot oil or mink oil if you want to darken the leather and make it flexible. Keep a gun belt stiff with a water soluble leather conditioner and it won't darken the leather either. In our shop we completely submerge old leather tool belts in neats foot oil and let drip dry but it darkens the leather and takes out that stiffness you want to keep for a gun belt. Thanks, Alex Dallas, owner/pres
    Thanks for the info. I just got my belt a week or so ago and I like it. It is a bit on the thick side and somewhat hard to get it buckled but I think that's to be expected with a dual-layer belt.

Do you have thoughts on using saddle soap on leather? That's what I use on my holsters. It keeps the leather stiff and gives it a somewhat waxy feel. Also, once a holster is loose & floppy is there any way to recover it and stiffen it back up? I have a holster that came with a gun purchase that a guy used oil or something on and it's pretty loose. I'd like to stiffen it back up some if I can...

twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    Elmore's had Bladetech belts in stock last week when I stopped in.

Of course they couldn't take the time to notice I was in the store, so I left. Without a belt....without a sling....without a mag for my MKII...

+1, everytime I leave pissed off, holster section is a complete mess and no one ever asks to help

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is a non-local vendor, but they have a great (AMAZING) return policy...

Duluth Trading Men's Lifetime Belt

This is what I've used for a few years & haven't had an issue, except for the (monster) tire I call a waist line... LoL
    I refuse to buy products from a catalog that refuses to use photographs, and instead wants me to buy based on a goofy watercolor of their product. Seriously?

they used to send me catalogs all the time. Some of the items in the catalog looked intriguing. I just couldn't bring myself to buy something pretty much sight unseen.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

can we customize them with more/closer holes?

Top Bottom