Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Pic heavy, but for the right cause Out with the old:
    2014-06-08%2012.25.20_zps9dfh3ycw.jpg
    2014-06-08%2012.25.29_zpsozpdalbl.jpg
    In with the new:
    IMG_2109_zps4nyczcan.jpg
    IMG_2107_zpsx8didoud.jpg
    If I could afford it or have the time for a jeep I would definitely be looking into something similar. When my parents first showed me what they were considering, I was pretty excited. Couldn't be happier for them and I hope I can join in on a poker run or two this year.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well they ended up buying it yesterday for a fair price judging by CarGurus. The old one is likely getting sold within a month or so. Still on the fence about needing 2 jeeps. It's a CJ7 with an '83 4.2L engine, 3 speed transmission, and a fiberglass body. For the age, it is in pretty good shape IMO. I'll try and post some pics of the new and the old soon!
    Make sure you post up if/when the CJ goes up for sale. Surely be a few folks interested on here.

Just sold my TJ last night. Sad to see it go, but it really wasn't being used. On the bright side, my offroad project is now funded!

Silver TJ off to a new home:
    IMG_1137_1.jpg

And the very beginnings of something awesome:
    IMG_1005.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    OOOh, what kind of awesome?
    ALL kinds of awesome. Well, maybe 4/5ths of awesome. That last 1/5 is some serious $$$$.

• YJ frame and tub
    • CJ hood and grille
    • Moving my AMC 304 / Ford T-18 / Dana 300 over
    • Moving my front Dana 60 and rear 14 Bolt over (rear spool / front OX Locker / 4.56 gears)
    • Front 3-link / rear 4-link
    • ORI Struts (14" or 16" - need to decide and get on order)
    • Keeping my ram assist steering, so stretching the front as far as I can and still have a steering box
    • Stretching at the rear as well. Total wheelbase in the 105" - 108" range. Yep, will need a fuel cell.
    • Keeping my 37" BFG Krawlers for now. Cutting the wheel wells to take a 40" tire
    • Shooting for 20" - 22" to the frame at ride height. Flat belly.
    • 4-5" up-travel, and 9-12" droop, at the shock.
    • Keeping a bunch of parts off the wrecked CJ (doors, seats, dash, steering column, wiring harness, brakes, lights, and a bunch more)
    • New full cage
    • New tube fenders / armor

Going for a long and low CJ-7 clone. Street-driveable in a pinch. Badass on the trail.

BTW: Parts I need (for those that have a shop full of old Jeep stuff):
    • CJ grille
    • CJ hood
    • CJ 3-core radiator
    • CJ tailgate
    • small-ish fuel cell. Ideal if I can use my stock sender/pickup
    • TJ fold-n-tumble rear seat
    • Winch. 8274 would be awesome.
    • anyone got the hookup on rollcage fab shops?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yeah, they like expensive stuff. Back when I had my Jeep, I found a sprint car builder that was bored (off-season). I supplied the material, and he bent and welded it in. He hated MIG welding, so he TIG welded it for no additional charge. It was beautiful.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Yeah, they like expensive stuff. Back when I had my Jeep, I found a sprint car builder that was bored (off-season). I supplied the material, and he bent and welded it in. He hated MIG welding, so he TIG welded it for no additional charge. It was beautiful.

Why did you get rid of your jeep?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Make sure you post up if/when the CJ goes up for sale. Surely be a few folks interested on here.

Just sold my TJ last night. Sad to see it go, but it really wasn't being used. On the bright side, my offroad project is now funded!

Silver TJ off to a new home:
    IMG_1137_1.jpg

And the very beginnings of something awesome:
    IMG_1005.jpg

The white tub in the background. Is that what you're using?

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Got the JB twin stick cable shifter mounted, but can't get the transfer case to move out of neutral in the front drive. Shifter is good, T-case is messed up somehow. Worked 2 weeks ago... ???

Took the front passenger seat out, and built Brandy a temporary front seat dog bed. I'll have to re do it later when I get my suspension seat and build the center console for the shifters, but it's good enough for this summer.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Hey ingo jeepers! I'm looking but at getting a wrangler and came across an interesting tj. The guy has a 1998 Jeep Wrangler comanchero package with a 4.3 vortec engine and Chevy transmission. I did some digging and couldn't find any thing in this package and to top it off the 4.3 vortec looks really clean like it was factory and the hood on the vehicle has 4.3 vortex across it. Also the body has a Native American style pun stripe. Has anyone heard of this?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom