• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    Me and the miss's are going on a date night Sat down to clarksville. I get to hit Orion and BassPro but then I beleive I have to pick dinner. Does anyone know of a Claddagh style restaurant in clarksville, Irish pub? Similar? Not interested in crossing the river or going to far from Clarksville, will be taking 65 south to get there(start in Seymour) so along that route is fair game. Thanks for any help

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    I don't know of any in Clarksville or Jeffersonville, but then I moved across the river to Louisville a few years ago. There are several over here (The Irish Rover and Molly Malone's spring to mind) but if you're adamant about not crossing the river, that's not much help. The New Albanian is a great little brew pub down in New Albany, but then it's not Irish.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Prolly 1 the best......but you'a have ta go lil' bit further South (Louisville).....this place in the Highlands (Eastern Pkwy/Bardstown Rd area) ....LOT's a neat lil' niche shops,pubs, specialty places 'long this stretch Bardstown Rd.....and SAFE......fer the most part....it a lively area.....24/7.....:yesway:

Molly Malone's Highlands | Irish Pub and Restaurant

cross the bridge,take 64E ta the Grinstead Drive exit, go right.....thru the stoplight, take first left and wind you way up thru Cherokee Park.....run ya right inta Bardstown Rd ....take a left ta get inta the 'guts' of the Highlands......sumthin' in'at area fer EVERbody......

also in'a Highlands.......
    O'Shea's Traditional Irish Pub, Louisville - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Prolly 1 the best......but you'a have ta go lil' bit further South (Louisville).....this place in the Highlands (Eastern Pkwy/Bardstown Rd area) ....LOT's a neat lil' niche shops,pubs, specialty places 'long this stretch Bardstown Rd.....and SAFE......fer the most part....it a lively area.....24/7.....:yesway:

Molly Malone's Highlands | Irish Pub and Restaurant

cross the bridge,take 64E ta the Grinstead Drive exit, go right.....thru the stoplight, take first left and wind you way up thru Cherokee Park.....run ya right inta Bardstown Rd ....take a left ta get inta the 'guts' of the Highlands......sumthin' in'at area fer EVERbody......

also in'a Highlands.......
    O'Shea's Traditional Irish Pub, Louisville - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

Do yourself a favor and take this advice...you wont find a better place around here.

Your looking at a 15 min drive (depending on traffic) from Orion to Molly Malones...you'd drive further than that to go anywhere else.

Plus...as Harleyrider_50 pointed out...once your down there, you can kill a lot of time walking from store to store down Baxter Ave and Bardstown Rd and make a nice little date night out of it.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    There is an Irish tavern on Main or Market street in New Albany, which borders Clarksville. Can't get search to work on my phone, I'll google it later this afternoon.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    Doesn't this mean no carry in any restaurant that serves beer in KY
    Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic beverages for consumption
    on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose;
    cut and paste from gunlaws web site for KY
    Thanks Littletommy I googled around and couldnt find what I was looking for either, but I dont have anything to go on, in my search.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Doesn't this mean no carry in any restaurant that serves beer in KY
    Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic beverages for consumption
    on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose;
    cut and paste from gunlaws web site for KY
    Thanks Littletommy I googled around and couldnt find what I was looking for either, but I dont have anything to go on, in my search.

FWIW..."The prohibition against carrying concealed in an establishment that serves alcohol only applies to the "portion of the establishment [is] primarily devoted to that purpose." This means that concealed carry is allowed in restaurants that serve alcohol, with only the bar section (if present) off-limits to permit holders. This assumes that the owner has not posted the establishment to prohibit concealed carry. (KY preemption does not allow for the banning of "open carry" but only of "concealed carry".)"

And if littletommy is talking about The Irish Exit (which im sure he is)...that's a bar, not a restaurant.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom