Any investment advice for a financial advisor?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Some good advice here (and a couple that make me cringe).... Bogleheads, and Value Investing by Jack Bogle is a great place to start. Give yourself an honest attempt to learn this stuff. If you do, I think you will end up more satisfied managing it yourself. You will save a ton of money too. Even at a fraction of a percent, fees could eat up hundreds or thousands.

Anyone involved in insurance or on some mythical "approved provider" list and trying to offer financial planning should be a giant red flag for anyone.

DCR

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    PLEASE !
    Take the time to learn how to invest. You will make more money from your portfolio than you'll ever make from a job.
    The most sage piece of advice I can give you is you don't have to beat the market when it goes up, you only have to not lose your shirt when it goes down. This will not happen to you if you learn to invest.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    PLEASE !
    Take the time to learn how to invest. You will make more money from your portfolio than you'll ever make from a job.
    The most sage piece of advice I can give you is you don't have to beat the market when it goes up, you only have to not lose your shirt when it goes down. This will not happen to you if you learn to invest.
    And being able to ride things out allows you to not "lock in your losses" by actually selling when things may go down for a bit.

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    My experience with Northwestern was very good. We bought whole life policies for us as we needed the insurance above what work offered. After thirty years we cashed in our policies and did very well. I would not choose Northwestern for financial advice though, nor any other insurance company.

We found a fiduciary financial advisor, they give advice for a fee, they do not sell any products other than their advice. They will also manage your money. After several meetings, about six hours total, we paid the fee and got advice. The changes they recommended saved us the cost of the fee and increased our return on our retirement account significantly.

We retired two years ago and things look great! The same fiduciary is now managing our money and we are very happy with them.

Top Bottom