• Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by photoshooter
    My only complaint with mine is the lack of available spare magazines. Can't find one anywhere I've looked, and most dealers just laugh when I ask.
    Taurus 9mm Model 709 Magazine 7 Round $30.00

Local shops in Fort Wayne have them. Saw them at H & H and at bought one at Ranger Supply for $35.99. Works nicely in the weapon.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    The one I have shot functioned fine (I have a Kel-Tec PF9 so I'm used to the feel/recoil and I didn't have the limp wrist problem) The only problem I noticed with the 709 is the unsuported barrel hanging out of the front of the slide. It just looks to thin and I don't believe it would do well if (heaven forbid) it was ever dropped on a hard suface.

papakevin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    OK, I ended up buying one for the wife since it fits her hand very well. Think we got a good one because initial results are very pleasing using Federal American Eagle 124 grn ammo. Of course I had to "test" it with her to make sure it worked ok. Only two items of note:

(1) gun comes new from the factory loaded with grease - it's very nasty. Must be cleaned before firing. (New, fresh out of the box photo below shows the amount of grease in the gun.)

(2) sights must be adjusted. (The way they adjust seems a little "cheap" but guess they work.) From the factory my gun was shooting low and left. After a few rounds, I was hitting a paper plate at about 45 feet, which seemed pretty good for my first time out with the gun. I hope to get some more advanced range time with it soon. Fun to shoot, just wish the higher capacity extended magazines could be found for it now, hear they eventually will be available.

ws2sew.jpg

Last edited:

sargknows

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    laporte county
    Bought one for my wife in March on line from Bud's Gun Shop as it was the only place I could find one. Put about 700 rounds of reload HP and home cast lead through it without a malfuction! I've carried it more this summer more than my "summer gun" (Taurus 651 357 mag). Easy to conceal and more accurate than my P-89. If I can ever get my wife to daily carry I'll have to get another. GO with the SS though if you can as I've even had alittle rust form on that carrying IWB in the summer heat.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    for those of you that are laser users... and yeah I know - a lot of people don't like 'em....

CrimsonTrace is finally coming out with the LG-447 for the 709. People are now getting emails from CT saying that they are due out Sept 9th or Sept 10th

Top Bottom