• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Looking to buy a Glock 42. Love the way it feels in my hand. I said the same thing (not quite as much, but still...) about my wife's LCP. Personally I want something a wee bit more accurate than that beast.

So I'd REALLY like the wife and I to shoot one before committing to purchase, as I dont have alot of extra cash laying around to be able to say "meh. if it sucks I'll just sell it."

So anyone seen any G42 rentals at the ranges around Indy?

Indyelmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Got mine Saturday and shot it today . I love it ..Fun little gun that is reliable and accurate . shot Winchester white box ,
    UMC ( 15 yrs old , and some Lawman thought it about 150 RDs only 1.5 issues , 1 failure to to fire (did later ) and one issue with failure to extract not sure why the casing was real tight in barrel ...

I have 3 words for u .........JUST BUY IT !!!!!!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    You would be welcome to try mine the next time I'm at the range if you like but it may be Sunday or one day next week before I'm there.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You would be welcome to try mine the next time I'm at the range if you like but it may be Sunday or one day next week before I'm there.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

I appreciate the offer Charlie... If it were just me I'd take you up on it. Unfortunately I need to find a rental because getting a sitter for the kids so that the wife and I can BOTH test (sincewe are both looking to see how well it shoots for us) is a limiting factor.

I'll probably drag her up to Tim's for an hour.

Thanks everyone for the info!

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    I have one you can try as well, and am pretty flexible on time. You willing to drive to Atlanta? I could meet you there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have one you can try as well, and am pretty flexible on time. You willing to drive to Atlanta? I could meet you there.

Thanks, but we are SW side of Indy. Tim's is already a bit of a hike for us. Atlanta's not so practical. (see my reply to NHT3 re babysitter)

Thanks anyway!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I appreciate the offer Charlie... If it were just me I'd take you up on it. Unfortunately I need to find a rental because getting a sitter for the kids so that the wife and I can BOTH test (sincewe are both looking to see how well it shoots for us) is a limiting factor.

I'll probably drag her up to Tim's for an hour.

Thanks everyone for the info!
    Ahem.

Slither3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    West Lafayette
    If you're looking for something better than the lcp with the same size, the glock 42 is your answer. It shoots very well, doesn't have the awful double action trigger pull like the lcp, and is small enough for pocket carry. It's my favorite of the little 380s.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    If you're looking for something better than the lcp with the same size, the glock 42 is your answer. It shoots very well, doesn't have the awful double action trigger pull like the lcp, and is small enough for pocket carry. It's my favorite of the little 380s.

the lcp and glock 42 are the same size?! wha?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Yes, I know. My point is I want to be able to go whenever is convenient for everyone. Not "Hey, we need a babysitter and it has to be this day at this time regardless of what's going on for the one who has to corral the mini monkeys."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    the lcp and glock 42 are the same size?! wha?

No its just a teensy bit bigger.
    IMG_0565_zpsa1fe0b97.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    +1 to Indyelmo. Met up at Parabellum this afternoon after work. ran 50 rounds through his G42 while he sent some lead downrange with my 22/45 target model.

I think we are both hooked and looking to buy the respective guns.

Top Bottom