Any idea when gander is having their next sale, cause their prices are horrible.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I stopped by gander tonight to see about picking up some stuff and wow! They have a new gen 4 glock 19 with no upgrades for $650, I mean what the hell. So then I looked at reloading supplies and the powder prices weren't too bad, but they didn't have any varget. I also looked for sierra .30 cal 168gr bullets but they weren't there either. I'm not too surprised in the bad prices, but I'm stuck with them because I have some holiday gift cards.

Any idea when their next big sale might be?

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    I stopped by gander tonight to see about picking up some stuff and wow! They have a new gen 4 glock 19 with no upgrades for $650, I mean what the hell. So then I looked at reloading supplies and the powder prices weren't too bad, but they didn't have any varget. I also looked for sierra .30 cal 168gr bullets but they weren't there either. I'm not too surprised in the bad prices, but I'm stuck with them because I have some holiday gift cards.

their sales arent that good... id sell the cards for a little whack and spend the money elsewhere...

we need a fin feather fur in indy...

Fin Feather & Fur Outfitters - Hunting Rifles, Camping & Archery Equipment, Sporting Goods

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    That stinks you're spacedocked into giving Gander income. They seem to give up a "reasonable" deal here and there; however, it's never great. Gift cards.... free money (sorta) fire away. Decent deals there one in a while, but not the norm. Hold on to the gift cards 'til they have something on your list. Their website isn't much help. But this time of year if you require any sort of hunting gear the price is right.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    About the only thing that's on sale worth a crap there. Is when they have there .223 100 round packs for $29.99. Sad thing is though. I can drive to Seymour and get the same ammo for $42 regular price.

Edit: Correction, I meant 100 round packs!

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    About the only thing that's on sale worth a crap there. Is when they have there .223 50 round packs for $29.99. Sad thing is though. I can drive to Seymour and get the same ammo. Only it's the 100 round packs for $42.

I looked at their american eagle 100rd packs last night which they've had on sale at $30 per 100. Normally it's $60 per 100, but last night it was $39 per 100.

They've also had sales where any new glocks would be $500, which is within reason with gift cards, but at the $650 they wanted for a new G19 gen 4 I was actually kind of insulted at how bad of a price that was.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Yeah Gander is good for lookin' not buyin'.

Just use the gift cards on accessories and ammo.

I will say this about Gander, whatever they have on sale is usally a pretty good price. Lately though, that's about two or three handguns at a time and usually the low end mass market carry guns. (LCP, SR9c, Sigmas, etc...)

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I get the American Eagle 100 packs when they are on sale for $29.99 and that's it. Every time I'm in there and I see someone buying a gun or ammo it kills me. Are these people just poor consumers or do they have money to burn:dunno:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I get the American Eagle 100 packs when they are on sale for $29.99 and that's it. Every time I'm in there and I see someone buying a gun or ammo it kills me. Are these people just poor consumers or do they have money to burn:dunno:

same here.

i bought my gen4 17 there though. in oct they had "all in stock glocks" for $500. much to my surprise, this included the Gen 4 guns. and it was about $60 cheaper than the price Bradis quoted me.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    When Gander first opened on the southside of Indy I was pretty excited about it. Galyans was gone, Dick's was absolutely horrible, so I thought Gander might be the saving grace. Nope. High prices, and unless it is around Christmas time, the selection is meager.

I do buy quite a few Crappie poles their. Chinese made, cheap junk for making vertical antennas.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    We have a local Gander here in Evansville and for the first year they were great! They matched any local competitor, even Whittaker, on their guns and I bought 4 from them over the course of 6 or 8 months. Now there seems to be less willingness to deal; it's either take it or leave it. Ammo is AWFUL! Primers are AWFUL! And I really hate it because I do enjoy going there and looking with my son while the wife and girls are out doing their girl stuff at the mall, but it is so hard to actually buy something there because the price is so high. I usually buy their clothes since they are one of the few places to sell 'Tall' sizes in shirts and they have great clearance sales on those but as far as gun stuff, I'm either Midway USA or my local shop.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I was in the one in Greenwood last week and I the place seamed damn near empty. Lots of bare spots in the rifle rack and the ammo shelf had lots of holes in them.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN

Our Gen 4 Glocks are $529.99. Just sayin'. :D

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    It seems like Gander Mtn might be in trouble. There are never many people in either one of the Indy area stores. I am not an economist, but they have to meet a certain profit margin to stay in business whcih means keeping their prices high to the few people who visit them. I have noticed that their clothing inventory has declined in the last year. Their fly-fishing selection has dwindled as well. It seems like the number of store employees has dropped. They must be trying to stay afloat on their sales of firearms and firearms related products. They seem to be in the process of cutting all of their costs that they can. I, personally, would be very sad to see them go under as they do sell good quality merchandise and I really dislike having to go into a Dick's for any reason. Hopefully, someone from GM is reading this web page and will relay it on to their headquarters. Just my two cents for whatever it is worth during this recession.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It seems like Gander Mtn might be in trouble. There are never many people in either one of the Indy area stores. I am not an economist, but they have to meet a certain profit margin to stay in business whcih means keeping their prices high to the few people who visit them. I have noticed that their clothing inventory has declined in the last year. Their fly-fishing selection has dwindled as well. It seems like the number of store employees has dropped. They must be trying to stay afloat on their sales of firearms and firearms related products. They seem to be in the process of cutting all of their costs that they can. I, personally, would be very sad to see them go under as they do sell good quality merchandise and I really dislike having to go into a Dick's for any reason. Hopefully, someone from GM is reading this web page and will relay it on to their headquarters. Just my two cents for whatever it is worth during this recession.

I've watched their stock prices for year just out of curiousity mostly. I think it's being bought back by the original owners, but I've seen the share prices at around $1 per share in the past.

I'd also hate to see them go, because it's nice to have them around. I just don't like feeling like I'm getting hosed everytime I look at the price of something in there.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I buy mailorder before I buy ANYTHING from Dick's.

I enjoy visiting Gander Mountain, but most of the time I'm just kicking tires because they are not competitive when it comes to pricing. Must be the Radio Shack model.

:patriot:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    They had some deals on .40 Federal Champion FMJ ammo before Christmas ($11.99 box of 50), and like others I've seen the deals on all in stock Glocks, but for the most part I've stayed away as their prices are ridiculous on many items most of the time.

I'm not sure what kind of deals they run when its not during the Christmas season as previous to that I wasn't really watching them.

If you sign up for their email distribution it seems they send you a $20 coupon. That and their current free shipping deal might make something worthwhile on their site.

In checking out their website it was nice to see this posted fairly prominently:

Gander Mountainâ„¢ > Open and Conceal Carry Policy : Customer Service

Open and Conceal Carry Policy

Our customers that are legally carrying a firearm concealed on their person or openly as State Law permits are welcome in our stores.

We do ask that customers bringing in firearms or bows for repair or quotes bring them in cased and check them in at the service desk, so that we can ensure they are handled safely while in our possession.

concealandcarry.jpg

Top Bottom