• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sarrsipius

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    North side of Indy
    So I've taken my home brewing (beer) hobby to the extreme over the years and the 3rd stall of my garage is basically a brewery. This year I've started shooting a lot more and want to consider reloading but don't have room in my brewery!! Ahh, too many hobbies, too little space.

Any other home brewers out there? What kind of set up are you brewing on? I'm brewing on a single tier HERMS system (10 gallon batches).
    picture.php

Last edited:

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I am in the process of selling off all my equipment :(

I brewed for 10+ years. The set-up went through many changes over time, from a 3 tier gravity system w/electric HLT, eventually down to a single tier. Never quite got the HERMS in place, though that was the direction I was heading. Not the prettiest or most fancy looking set up, but I built everything myself and it worked flawlessly, and got great efficiency. Found a few old pictures on my computer.

The set up the night I first built it
    picture.php

Counter Flow Chiller
    picture.php

Eventually upgraded the Mash Tun
    picture.php

First Kegerator, still have it in the garage
    picture.php

The upgraded Kegerator, and the brewery in a state of chaos
    attachment.php

attachment.php

Sadly I have gotten out of it. Mostly to make room for my new hobbies.

Filling this
    picture.php

And scooting around the lake on one of these
    picture.php

Cheers!

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Can't see myself giving up brewing for shooting. I'll find a way to do both! Brewery defense is crucial!!

There's a whole lot more to the story than giving up one hobby for another, but I'm not gonna muck up your thread with that story. I still enjoy and support homebrewing, just don't do it myself any longer.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I started kegging this year, 5 gal batches soon 10. I like IPA's and a Cream Ale for the easy drinking times.

My cheap diy 2 corny kegerator.

6610358213_61ba666080_z.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Any other home brewers out there? What kind of set up are you brewing on? I'm brewing on a single tier HERMS system (10 gallon batches).

I have a 5 gallon RIMS systems. (Pictures if I get around to it). I've been brewing since 2004. BJCP ranked judge since 2009.

Are you in a club? Do you judge? I'll be judging at SunKing on Saturday.

Sarrsipius

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    North side of Indy
    I have a 5 gallon RIMS systems. (Pictures if I get around to it). I've been brewing since 2004. BJCP ranked judge since 2009.

Are you in a club? Do you judge? I'll be judging at SunKing on Saturday.

No to both. Not opposed to either tho. I looked into the BJCP certification and decided I would rather stick to being judged :). I know, I know, it will only help make me a better brewer. I just wasn't interested in memorizing all the history of every style etc. All the studying seemed to take the fun out of it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    No to both. Not opposed to either tho. I looked into the BJCP certification and decided I would rather stick to being judged :). I know, I know, it will only help make me a better brewer. I just wasn't interested in memorizing all the history of every style etc. All the studying seemed to take the fun out of it.

It kinda does. Plus, I spend too many weekends judging when I should be brewing.:(

Top Bottom