• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    Hey fellas. New to the site and just getting settled in. I have had for some time now a nice little gold panning set. I have had about a year now and yet to use it :( My parents own some nice land out in Mooresville and have been to busy to even try and mess around with it out there.

Anyone ever go any place around here and look. I know your not gonna get rich, but its the excitement that brings me to it lol.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I know there is gold here near or in Brown Co. I am wanting to give it a try some weekend when it warms up. If you are already into it and could offer tips I am willing to work to learn!:)

BlueDog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Check out an excellent little publication from the Indiana Geological Survey titled "Gold and Diamonds in Indiana". Really a nice little booklet for just a couple bucks.

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    We've been panning in California, and I bought a gold panning set for my husband when we lived there. But then we moved back to Indy and he never got to use it. Even in CA, you won't find much without a sluice box. He also does metal detecting. But we'd be interested in checking out a group.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I panned in the black hills SD when I was a kid. Actually found some flakes. I was told to make sure your pan is good and rusty as the gold tends to stick to it and not wash away.:dunno:

IndyZ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    South Indy
    I panned in Salt Creek in Brown County this past summer with some family and friends for a few hours and we did find some flour gold.

Muzzleloaderbill

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Ligonier
    Been to Salt Creek in Brown county. There is a little store up Salt creek road. From the SP. Don't recall the little towns name. But you can pan behind the store in Salt Creek. Also can camp for a small fee. The wife and I have also prospect in the Wabash. Where it goes under the bridge on 24 by Logansport. Crook Creek ranch just west of Logansport. Will also let you prospect for a small fee. Do a search for Indiana gold prospectors. There are several groups in Indiana.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    panandsluice.jpg

I'm getting ready to post some prospecting equipment in the classified section if anyone is interested. I took this stuff in on a debt owed and will never use it.

Last edited:

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    I used to do some prospecting everyonce in a while, quite fun and a great rush when you get onto some good stuff. I sold out a few years ago though. I got tired of the driving. The nearest bullion dealer was 45 minutes away....sorry but I had to. It interests me very much, maybe some day.

Top Bottom