Any Gas Station/Convenience Store owners??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If so, please explain something to me.

Why is it, that when you prepay with cash for your gasoline, the pump will go at normal speed until you get at about .50 cents from being completed. The last .50 cents goes in soooooooo sloooooow.

When you prepay at the pump with a credit card, the pump goes full speed until the tank is full, then shuts off while at full speed. What is is different when prepaying inside first???? Why does the pump do this?? I hate freezing my butt off waiting for my last .50 cents worth of gas.

When the pump slows down and pumps slowly, it still stops at the pre-paid amount no matter what the user does.

So there's no reason why the pump can't be set to simply shut off at the pre-paid amount, or slow down very CLOSE to it if the pump slightly over pumps a little if shut off at EXACTLY the pre-paid amount.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The same reason people do, so it doesn't go over the set dollar amount. Granted, they seem to do it earlier and earlier. The station I go to used to start it at about 15 cents before the amount, now it's almost $1 before the total when it starts doing it. The pump doesn't know when your tanks almost full, it will pump until the splash thing shuts it off or the fuel storage tank runs dry.

That's easy. Nothing in the pump has changed. $1 of gas today is the same volume as $.15 of gas used to be! :laugh:

I don't feel sorry for you getting cold, OP.

I filled up at a BRAND NEW gas station yesterday. Brand new P-66 in Greenwood. Just north of Smith Valley Road on US 31. Pump 5.

It pumped at a whopping 45-47 seconds / gallon. 16 gallons.

It took me over TWELVE MINUTES to fill my car.

I went in and let the guy know the issue. While there a slight language barrier, I think he understood when I let him know that I doubted I'd be back.

TWELVE MINUTES! For a normal passenger car!

The big hoses on a truck diesel pump do 30-40 gallons a minute. 80 gallons in 2 minutes. Not even enough time to clean the windshield. :noway:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    The pumps at the bus lot were not quite that fast. I think they did about 10 gallons a minute when they worked properly. Nothing like trying to fill an 80 gallon tank when it's pumping a gallon every 30 seconds.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom