• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Just seein how many fellow INGO members have a g22. Do you carry it? What kind of accessories do you have on or for your g22? And lastly is it the favorite of your glocks?

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    G22 is and has been EDC now for at least 4 years and is my go to pistol. Only add on that my G22 has is Meprolight night sights and I did a fill job on the letters/engraving using silver nail polish. As of now it is the only Glock that I currently own, therefore being my favorite. Had a G17 and a G36, and on the want list is a G27.

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    My g22 gen4 is also my first. I've shot others but didn't realize until owning an M&P40 for a little over a year how much better glocks were than the competition. Sorry you M&P guys I wasn't thrilled with the M&P for a few reasons.. back to the glock. I put a set of TroGlo night sights on mine and installed a LaserMax laser guide rod... It's freakin sweeet and still looks stock. Its my baby just ordered a crossbreed super tuck for it. Gonna try my hand at IWB carrying a full size.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have a Gen 3. I do not carry it. Between the weight and size and the way my holster fits, my underwear ends up all bunch around my waist... not a good feel. It is my official bedside HD pistol. I have a light on it and that is the only addition/alteration that was done to it.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Have two of them, both Gen3's with one being a RTF2 model with the "gills".
    Meprolight night sits on both, SureFire X300 and TruGrip grit tape on the regular Gen3.

Is it my favorite? IDK....I've got 13 other ones to include :):
    At the moment my Gen4 19 is my favorite.

Gen4 19......current fav

add a 23 RTF2 to this pic and that's a "pile-o-GLOCKs" :):

Last edited:

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    G22

Have a G22 gen 3. Like the pistol. But prefer my Khar CW9 for EDC. The glock feels just a little to thick.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Everyone should have one considering the price you can get a police trade in g22 gen 3 with night sights for.

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Do you carry it?
    Yes, to the range and back.:) Otherwise it's one of my HD options.

What kind of accessories do you have on or for your g22?
    Have a light but took it off recently for a GSSF match. Otherwise totally stock. It is the RTF2 with Fishgills and I like that style second only to the Gen4.

And lastly is it the favorite of your glocks?
    No. I like the G19 Gen4 slightly better.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Fellow G22 owner here.

Do you carry it?
    Not as much as I'd like to, i find its a bit bulky/heavy for carry. Its nice and cozy in my nightstand drawer though :):

What kind of accessories do you have on or for your g22?
    Apart from multiple holsters (OWB, paddle, shoulder rig) and a few extra mags, its bone stock. Looking to put night sights on soon though.

And lastly is it the favorite of your glocks?
    Id say its my favorite, but im pretty biased considering its the only glock i own (looking to add more soon, maybe a G23 and G27 to round out the collection)

HomeGrownNUgly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Portage In
    I have one. Can't carry yet cause I'm still waiting for my permit. But when it comes I think I will carry my glock19. The 22 is just to big for a array gun I feel. Plus 9mm is a little cheaper.

msteiner17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Have a gen4 G22, G17, G21. I agree that I don't carry it as much as I would like to. I have been traveling back and forth to Canada for the last 4 months, and finally have a break at home. But my wife is really my biggest deterrent for carrying. She REALLY doesn't like when I do it. Doesn't want to be around them or have anything to do with them. I'm hoping I can change her mind within the next 5-10 yrs to maybe give them a chance.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Like i said earlier, I'd love to carry mine more but the grip is so long that it always sticks out and i end up printing...i havent tried IWB yet, is that the way to go?

For those of you who carry your G22, how do you do it (IWB, OWB, etc.)? What holsters (make/model) do you use?

Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    My service weapon is a Glock 22 Gen4. I purchased it myself, with Trijicon sights and an Insight M3 light. My favorite is still my G23, followed by my Ruger GP100, but I do like my G22.

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Like i said earlier, I'd love to carry mine more but the grip is so long that it always sticks out and i end up printing...i havent tried IWB yet, is that the way to go?

For those of you who carry your G22, how do you do it (IWB, OWB, etc.)? What holsters (make/model) do you use?

TheEngineer, I used a OWB Galco consealable holster for the first few months I had the gun. I ran into the same problem you did with the grip sticking out too far and printing. I ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck about 2 months ago. Should be coming anytime. Once I wear it for a full week I'll give you a quick followup on how its working.

Top Bottom