• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    The Verstappen domination and the Andretti rejection have me completely sour on F1 right now. I'm a big McLaren/Norris fan, but man, it is hard to stomach this ridiculous series and its extreme arrogance and exclusivity.

I applaud GM and the mobilization of their congressmen to start pushing hard on F1. I think Anti-trust investigation is absolutely warranted. If they don't open the door to Andretti, I hope they get the hell sanctioned out of them for it and they lose all of their US races. Clearly they have crossed a line with this BS. They want our milk and honey but don't want to let us come in their house.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I've lost complete interest these last two seasons, but the McLaren win last weekend helps.

I also think Horner got a serious pass on the sexual allegations from a subordinate. I have no idea how more didn't come out of that, but whatever.

If you toss MV out of last two seasons of racing, it might have been better to watch. I'm not much of a MV fan, but it's clear to me he's a fantastic driver and he is consistently spanking his teammate in identical cars.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Pretty good race all in all. To bad Russell had coolant issues and Norris went for softs on last pit. If those 2 things didn't happen I bet the outcome would have been different.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Pretty good race all in all. To bad Russell had coolant issues and Norris went for softs on last pit. If those 2 things didn't happen I bet the outcome would have been different.
    Just baffled why Norris and his team didn't put on Mediums. Hell, even the Hard compound (if they had a set available) would have been better at the end.

Glad to see LH get back on the top step though. I've had a bitter taste since 2021 Abu Dhabi and that probably won't ever go away.

What was RB/Horner thinking in signing Checo to another deal - he's been complete poo poo after signing his deal. I would have kept the heat on him deep into the season, and there's no way I would have resigned him.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Just baffled why Norris and his team didn't put on Mediums. Hell, even the Hard compound (if they had a set available) would have been better at the end.

Glad to see LH get back on the top step though. I've had a bitter taste since 2021 Abu Dhabi and that probably won't ever go away.

What was RB/Horner thinking in signing Checo to another deal - he's been complete poo poo after signing his deal. I would have kept the heat on him deep into the season, and there's no way I would have resigned him.
    Totally agree with you on Norris. They dropped the ball, again. They knew mediums were the best and hards would have been better than softs.

Never been a LH fan but 1st in his last Silverstone race with Mercedes was pretty cool.

RB really screwed the pooch resigning Checo. Hes definitely sucked since. I think his Checos dad paid RB to keep him. They would've been in a much better place for 2025 signing Sainz imo.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    McLaren rules the day in Hungary! Piastri and Norris 1-2 respectively! But I didn’t like team orders handing the race to Piastri. Notwithstanding, Great race. Poor Max kvetching and moaning about the accident he appears to have caused by what I saw as very aggressive diving into that turn, locking up and hitting Hamilton. Poor baby! And kudos to Hamilton holding off Max thereafter.

Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Was cool to see Norris pull off a 21+ second win over Max. I think Norris has a chance at the DC but Max is still a F1 championship driver and it's definitely going to be a good fight. It was good to finally see 4 different teams in the top 4 for alot of the race. Looking forward to the next 9 races.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Lando Norris wins a great race! There was a lot of real racing mid-pack with a lot of interesting passes. The championship is turning very competitive and that is great for Formula 1 !
    This is turning into one of the best F1 seasons in ages!
    It is definitely getting better. But 2 passes for the lead and a 21 second win isn't enough yet to get my pulse up. But it's progress, for sure!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    What an outstanding F1 race in Azerbaijan! Piastri’s move on LeClerc was amazing. Verstappen is in real trouble at RedBull and with his frustration growing the “rumors” of him moving to another team will grow louder and louder.
    Lastly, Ferrari has to grow some cojones and go for it harder!

Top Bottom