• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Found a few possibilities on Craigslist I'd be interested in modding. Not experienced, but I'm studying up as much as possible. Just wondering if anyone experienced can lend some advice to a creative dreamer before diving in.

looking at a '83 Honda v45, an '80 Honda cx500, and a yamaha vx750s listed for $800 each.

looking to make it mean and ugly. All flat black, drag bars, dual headlamps. Nothing shiny, glossy. More into the ratty mad max look.

bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    It's all nuts and bolts. You don't have to do any cutting of crucial parts, frame, ect. JP cycles should have parts to give you ideas. Also go to places that have "bike nights" to get ideas and talk to ppl that have done some modding.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    I have bobbed a cx500 before. It was lots of fun and with that engine you can turn a lot of heads. Also I have no clue how to work on mechanical things and I figured it out easy enough.

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    Check out Blue Collar Bobbers on you tube,(bluecollarbobbers.com)he has kits although I don't know how their prices compare to others, but some great ideas.

Top Bottom