• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Hi all

I received an event notice from the Hamilton County Friends of the NRA. The banquet is $40 per person. I don't have any experience with the group although I do understand that it is a NRA fundraiser. Has anyone been to one of these banquets? Was it an enjoyable evening? Do they have interesting speakers? Thanks for any information provided.

IndyKiller82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I just went to the one in Hendricks County this past Saturday. Not really any speakers, just raffles, silent auction and live auction with dinner mixed in there with everything. Dinner was pretty good. I spent about $100 on raffle tickets, didn't win anything. But they had over 90 guns to give away that night. Overall it was a fun experience. I recommend it to at least see what it is all about.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    My dads on the comitte for dubois county so my whole family has been pretty active with it for many years. The banquets are a lot of fun, you get some chances to win a lot of cool stuff, and all the money is going to a good cause. If you've never been its deifintely worth going to check it out. Ours this year was sold out in no time at all, and there was still people trying to get tickets.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I didnt know much about them either, I did some reasearch and am sponsering my local chapters dinner and a few weeks. I dontated 4 items and I think they are auctioning off 2 and doing a raffle on 2 but I'm not sure on that. It should be a nice evening, and a good cause.

fastang50

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    I've been a part of the South Central FNRA chapter since it was started. The FNRA raises money for the NRA Foundation, the non-political side of the NRA. They support youth, hunting, and range improvement work in Indiana and nation wide.

Btw, the event in Columbus is Thursday, April 11th.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've gone to a couple of the Hendricks County FNRA banquets. Lots of raffles, games, auctions, and the like. You can drop some serious cash pretty easily, and still not win anything (like me - boo). There are usually some very nice prizes, though.

It is 100% a fundraiser, but for a great cause. No speakers, no big party. Usually some decent food. Go with some friends, and make an evening of it. I think they are fine. My wife is bored out of her mind. I'll likely take my BIL the next time.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Don't know of any in my local area, probably would be interested in going to one if near Frankfort (Lafayette, Kokomo etc.). At my age I really don't want to drive to Indy, spend the evening and drive home!

50BMG Steve

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    Richmond Area
    Richmond FNRA dinner

I've been involved with the Whitewater Valley chapter of the FNRA for many years. Great cause, do go with friends and enjoy the evening. My wife has gone to all the dinners, we set with friends and the ladies play some games and bid on the auctions. Richmond's dinner is on April 27th. Get your tickets now!:patriot:

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    one important thing not mentioned yet is where the money goes, Unlike alot of charity events the money stays right here in indiana (for the most part)

FNRA is essential to youth programs and many ranges. After the years events the left over money goes into an account and clubs, youth functions, ect. put in for grants and those grants have to benifit and promote shooting sports.

The HHRP youth program may not exist if it wasn't for the FNRA.

By all means we need to support FNRA over the years they have made a difference in Indiana.

Go out and buy the large ticket packages and eat until you fall out of your chair and know that every cent your spending is going to go to a direct improvemnet in shooting sports in indiana.

SilveradoII

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Don't know of any in my local area, probably would be interested in going to one if near Frankfort (Lafayette, Kokomo etc.). At my age I really don't want to drive to Indy, spend the evening and drive home!

West Lafayette Sept. 10th. Kokomo is March 28th.

friendsofnra.org

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    I'll be there. I think I've been to 6 or so. Went to the one in Hendricks county last weekend. I never win anything, but my friends have.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I've been to a NWTF banquet/dinner/fundraiser but it was several years ago. I'm assuming the FNRA would be along the same lines?? I remember them doing a drawing of some kind for 3 or 4 different guns, paintings, gear, etc. Sounds like the same kind of deal.

What kind of guns/gear have you guys won? I rarely ever get drawn for door prize kind of gifts, but i'd be happy to support anyway.

seabassz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I got to a handful of Friends of the NRA banquets every year. Used to go to a lot more, but the state committee is shutting down small venues. Really fun.

seabassz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Half the money raised in the state at these events stays in IN for range improvements, gun purchases, safety courses, etc. Annual state committee meets in January to approve grant applications and disburse funds. Local Boy Scouts got enough money a couple of years ago to buy a dozen(???) 10/22s.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I got to a handful of Friends of the NRA banquets every year. Used to go to a lot more, but the state committee is shutting down small venues. Really fun.

Kokomo's FNRA dinner is 3/29.

Half the money raised in the state at these events stays in IN for range improvements, gun purchases, safety courses, etc. Annual state committee meets in January to approve grant applications and disburse funds. Local Boy Scouts got enough money a couple of years ago to buy a dozen(???) 10/22s.

You can edit a post to add more info.

madeuce50

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Lafayette,In.

I am a FNRA committee member for the western area . We have banquets at the Beef House in Covington In. We currently are having a 5 gun raffle. 150 chances @$40 each. All pistols (Kimbers,keltec pmr30,s/w bodyguard etc) on this run but are looking to do a 10 gun with safe. I will post when finalized. Our banquet will also feature the KSG Keltec 15 shot 12gauge that most know are IMPOSSIBE to get. Along with 70+ others. P/M if interested in tickets or upcoming raffles.

Top Bottom