• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    I think that may be part of it , out of 5 drivers , I'm the only one who hasn't had a spill or wreck because I'm a pre-trip nazi about the trucks .

The other day I asked about the bonuses we're supposed to get , that I haven't gotten yet and she blew me off .

do you have a contract linking the bonus? If not welcome to my world.

Is your office manager like that women in the movie 40 yr vergin.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Over the years I've found that there's a big variety in the way people communicate, some women cuss you out when they're hot for you.:)
    This is sad but true. I met my ex while working at an ice cream place. After a practical joke (my doing) she cussed me out every night/day we worked together. Not sure what changed her mind one night but she decided to end her cussing at me and asked me to dinner to say she was sorry. Few months later she asked me to marry her - few months later she cheated on me -so should have seen that coming but that is a different story for a different day.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I got kicked out of a war zone for creating a hostile work environment so I'm not even going to bother giving you advice. They consider me a walking HR issue at work now so......:dunno:

Bob

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Sounds like a small company. Would the owner even care if s/he found out what the OM is doing?

I'm a small business owner and I would DEFINITELY want to know about this. I'm 99.999% sure that this business owner does also.

Even if the OP is the crappiest employee in the world (which I'm not suggesting he is), this kind of environment is not going to help the relationship with good employees. My guess is the owner knows somewhat about the manager's weaknesses, but doesn't know how bad it is.

I don't know if he has a legal case, but it seems far more productive to me to address the problem.

Make specific notes as to what was said. CALL the owner and tell them you want to talk confidentially. Then take in a letter documenting some of the conversation.

I would also be prepared to admit any problems you have had/caused personally at work; this gives you credibility for being honest and taking responsibility.

What good is a lawyer going to do if you have to keep working where this conflict is.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Have you consulted this with your HR team. If not then consult it first and if they don't do anything then Consult your problem with an employment lawyer they will probably give you a suggestion as what to do on this topic.

Necrospam.

20091125_180946_ThisOldSpam_Can.JPG

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Have you consulted this with your HR team. If not then consult it first and if they don't do anything then Consult your problem with an employment lawyer they will probably give you a suggestion as what to do on this topic.

Soliciting work from in Indiana from California?

:nono:

I don't know about California, but in Indiana, we follow Rule of Professional Responsibility 7.3.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I'm not sure how much to say so I'll make it short .

My immediate supervisor / office manager ( an office woman ) has cussed me at work in front of other employees ,

Told me to watch out or I'd get raped ,

Flipped me off ,

Singled me out and given me a mandatory start time when no other employees in my department have start times ,

Shorted my hours through the week in order to coerice me to work weekends and now I have a two day suspension with write up and can't go back until wednesday because I told her I've worked the last two weekends to get one of the other drivers to work this weekend.

Any advice ?

That is ridiculous, I feel for you man. I have had to work for more douche bag bosses that I care to count. Fortunately I am good to go now. God willing I have about 6 years to go before I can retire. Hopefully I can ride it out with a good bosses. Good luck finding another job!

Top Bottom