• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Never heard of Firecrafters. Checked out the website. Looks awesome!

It's Crossroad of America Council's honor program. It was actually looked at, along with OA and Mikosay (based out of St. Louis) to become the national honor society, but the founder of Firecrafter declined. The biggest differences, while they're both service oriented, is that OA is election based, and Firecrafter is requirerment based, and I feel does a much better job of forcing the youth to step up on the Leadership.

Oh yeah, and fire by firction is awesome!

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Firecrafter is one I always forget about. I received Firecrafter as well, cant remember exactly when but I know it was before I received my Brotherhood. I need to scan a copy of the Indy Star front page for when I did my Eagle Service project. I didn't expect front page, also got a lot of flack from kids in junior high about it as well.

052.5GT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Columbus
    I like firecrafter a lot because of the practical skills you learn. I am also agreeing the being able to create fire by friction is a great time. People cannot believe that one can do it so fast.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I loved scouts. I made it to Star. Wish I would have went on to Eagle but got a little distracted and spent my remaining years of eligibility being in Demolay. Which was another great organization. I loved going to Ransburg every year. I was in OA and made it to Brotherhood. I made it to the second level of Firecrafter but enjoyed the other merit badge classes more. I hope Scouts has not been weakened to bad.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    LOL I got a lot of flack too, but I looked at them and laughed and told them about all the fun they were missing! Did you know that talking about the birds, deer, butterflies, and beauty of Nature was a great way to pick up girls in High School? Worked for me and I'm nothing much to look at! LOL

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Made Eagle the day before my 18th B day I believe it was back in 88'

Then went on to explorer scouts, where we did mostly survival skills training.

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    LOL I got a lot of flack too, but I looked at them and laughed and told them about all the fun they were missing! Did you know that talking about the birds, deer, butterflies, and beauty of Nature was a great way to pick up girls in High School? Worked for me and I'm nothing much to look at! LOL

I met my current girlfriend almost four years ago in an EMS explorer post. She went on to work at Ransburg for three summers, and went on to certified at National Camp School for aquatics.

So yeah, worked for me too. ;)

052.5GT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Columbus
    Eagle Scout in 1967 (??), in Madison, Tennessee. One of 5 in my family; dad & 3 brothers.

I would say this rings true for a lot of the ones i know.

Myself, dad and brother, all Eagles.

I am lucky to work in an office and my cubicle has 4 eagles out of 7 people! Its like boundary waters in here with such a high Eagle concentration.

Top Bottom