• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Love the game, play 2-3 times a week. Although last summer between motorcycle trips out of town, and just wanting to spend the day riding, I didn't play as much. Did get back into golf more late in the season and ended up shooting best round of the year. Looking forward to spring for many reasons

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    FYI (esp. those in east-central part of state), I do club work/repair.... need new grips, clubs cut down/better fit, etc.... cost of materials neede plus a small fee (will barter) -- Greg/Grizhicks

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I just put my bag in the closet yesterday. I found out a few days ago I will be having a major knee surgery and will not be able to play for a while.
    It looks like this season is out for me.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Oh its killing me, i've got the bug, and got it real bad. The other day when it was 60 here i went out to the range and had one of the best buckets of my life! the next day was 31 degrees and sleet snow mix! I just got a new(well used but new to me) putter and i put around my living room everday, also got a chipping net for christmas which is contributing to my fever! Cant wait to hit ironwood this year, the lakes are just taunting me!

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    CBA5E62C-D276-440D-BB6F-1F784BFAA946-20998-000013229A50FA73.jpg

Oh yea baby

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Thought I just posted in a golf thread? Oh well, yes I do carry on the course. It goes in the compartment in the cart right in front of me. I only golf with close friends, and one of us is ALWAYS in the cart, so I am not worried about it.

I am extremely anxious. I would like to shoot at least five sub 80 games this year. I had two last year. I've been eyeing up some new hybrids. I have two, one of which I just can't hit to save my life off the fairway. Off a low-tee, its a nice low line drive, right where I want it to sit down, but off the fairway, no way.

I'd also like to work on my drive. I am sitting right around 200-220 with a slight left hook at the very tail end of flight. I feel like if I can straighten it out, I can add about 20 more yards. I don't know. The plan is to swing slower, and drop my range down to 180-200, and slowly work my power level back up. Hoping that I will work out that hook at a slower speed, and keep that with me as I speed up towards the end of the season.

Even with the shorter drives, I feel the 5 sub 80 games is still do-able. Between my mid-short game (which is the best part of my game) and putting which is usually good, I should be able to do it. We shall see. Damn, talking about golf is getting me all excited.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    I'd love 2 sub 80 rounds.. I broke 80 for the first time last year at old Oakland from the furthest tee's. it was just a day that clicked. I want to avoid those big numbers more so then get a low number .. I can handle mid 80 rounds but when I get those big numbers that push me to 90 I get pretty pissed.

Going to spend a lot more time putting if I can... That's where it's at needless to say.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    With me it's either low eighties (80-84) or low nineties (90-92) I rarely get anything between those. It's weird. Then there's a few times I can get under 80. It's just those rounds that flow perfectly.

I'd say usually I am low eighties, but if a game starts to go down hill, I really **** it up and wind up in the nineties.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    There's a few courses down here we frequent.

Quail Crossing (Boonville)
    Rolling Hills (Newburgh)
    Cambridge (Evansville)

If we want to be cheap, we go play a municipal over in Evansville Either Fendrick or Helfrich.

We got to play at Victoria National once last year, won a silent raffle at my little brothers Elementary school. Victoria is a very high end hoity toity course, private only and I want to say I heard it's like 100k a year to be a member?

Top Bottom