Any 5% people here who would have voted for Ron Paul?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I would have. IDK how the general would have gone. I think Paul would have done better than Romney at picking up independants. The question is, would all those (R) that will go out for Romney go out for Paul or would we be seeing those people vote 3rd party for Santorum or Newt? His toughest race is always his primary is it not? IDK if he would take a position with Romney or if one would be offered but I would love to see him as cabinet member or head of the FED or something. who knows.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    I would have. IDK how the general would have gone. I think Paul would have done better than Romney at picking up independants. The question is, would all those (R) that will go out for Romney go out for Paul or would we be seeing those people vote 3rd party for Santorum or Newt? His toughest race is always his primary is it not? IDK if he would take a position with Romney or if one would be offered but I would love to see him as cabinet member or head of the FED or something. who knows.

The rank and file republicans would still be showing up to try to send Obama packing.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Yes, absolutely. Since the Republicans changed their rules to block Dr. Paul I voted Johnson.

Funny thing about Dr. Paul. The things Republicans didn't like appealed to Democrats. The things Democrats didn't like appealed to Republicans. I think that Dr. Paul could have taken quite a few disaffected Democrats away from Obama. Romney certainly couldn't. Plus he would have brought in most of the half million Libertarians the Republicans around here have been so worried about. Add in the real conservatives and he could have won. Of course, the problem is that the Republican leadership know full well he's really a Libertarian, so they had to block him. Had they not, they might have lost control of their flock forever.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Of course, the problem is that the Republican leadership know full well he's really a Libertarian, so they had to block him. Had they not, they might have lost control of their flock forever.

If you want to know what kind of society an organization wants, just look at how they organize internally.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I like the guy ok but I would never support him because he doesn't have a chance to win in this screwed up American society that's steadily going down the drain. Of the Republicans, Romney has the best chance to win. And I like it when my side wins. I don't vote on principle just to make myself feel good

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville

Many party Republicans are holding their nose to cast their ballot for Romney.

I doubt that would change much as far as Republican turnout...

Also, Santorum / Newt would not run as third party candidates, and the party Republicans voting for Romney would likely not vote 3rd party if Paul were the nominee.

Keep in mind, a very large majority of Republicans are not voting based on Romney's political stance on the issues... they are voting against Obama.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I would have enthusiastically helped him campaign and win. I put a lot of time and money into the primary. I ran booths at all sorts of events, helped put up a billboard, spent a small fortune on moneybombs, sold t-shirts, ran a grassroots group in my district, got elected to the state convention, helped with a letter campaign to the delegates, spent tons of hours campaigning, made a ton of phone calls, and did my share of internet debating. There were a lot of other enthusiastic people he would have brought into the campaign.

I have very little emotion about the outcome of the current race.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    Also, Santorum / Newt would not run as third party candidates, and the party Republicans voting for Romney would likely not vote 3rd party either way.

They couldn't have run as third party candidates in most states. Even Gary Johnson (who dropped out way way early - January) was denied ballot access in Michigan under their sore loser laws for not making their drop deadline (he missed it by a few hours). Ron Paul wasn't even eligible as a write-in in Indiana. The same would be for the rest of the repubs who didn't drop fast.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    From my perspective, the GOP has done their best since January to lose this election.

Its scary how hard the GOP has tried to NOT win this ... What do they gain? Do they get more money contributions/donations if they dont have a guy in the white house?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Santorum or Newt running a 3rd party? Really?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've still got 2 Ron Paul stickers on the back window of my truck and would have gladly voted for him. Instead, I happily didn't vote for Romney or Obama. I think I may have voted for a couple Rs but it wouldn't have mattered because they were the only choice.

Top Bottom