Feb 16, 2009
    Wabash, IN

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It's a typical ploy in all of our politics now. It doesn't seem like the major parties truly understand the real issues the country faces or how to address them so they make up issues to divert attention. Once they have created a polarizing issue they can then begin labeling their opponents as anti this or for that. Labels are so much easier to remember than facts. The labeling of tea partiers to tea baggers is a prime example. Don't bother to listen to what those people are saying just throw a derogatory label at them and you have won the day for your followers. Never mind that their isn't truly a "tea party" party, you've now labeled all of those people as tea baggers and the uninformed sit there like they are in a comedy club.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    There's no money in gun control and that's the main deciding factor for the interest of a modern politician. Anything that pushes peoples buttons but doesn't turn a coin is to be avoided.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It's a typical ploy in all of our politics now. It doesn't seem like the major parties truly understand the real issues the country faces or how to address them so they make up issues to divert attention. Once they have created a polarizing issue they can then begin labeling their opponents as anti this or for that. Labels are so much easier to remember than facts. The labeling of tea partiers to tea baggers is a prime example. Don't bother to listen to what those people are saying just throw a derogatory label at them and you have won the day for your followers. Never mind that their isn't truly a "tea party" party, you've now labeled all of those people as tea baggers and the uninformed sit there like they are in a comedy club.
    I only disagree with the understanding issues part. They understand them, they just don't want the people tro think about them. Keep them distracted with meaningless :poop:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    There's no money in gun control and that's the main deciding factor for the interest of a modern politician. Anything that pushes peoples buttons but doesn't turn a coin is to be avoided.

Sorry, but this is a very naive. Not only is there money constantly flowing to anti-gun causes from Bloomberg/Soros/US and state governments/etc, but to other causes such as global warming/climate change/etc. There is huge money flowing to "research" that supports those positions. Just try to get research grants to show that humans aren't a significant cause of weather and you will see which side doesn't turn a coin.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Chins up, people. Remember, we are winning and we will win.

The attacks, personal attacks, come because we are winning. If your enemy makes it personal, you have won the argument!

The Liberal Mindset As It Relates To Guns And The Second Amendment | Pocket Full Of Liberty

I'm not so sure the argument is as completely won as the article seems to conclude. I do think we are marching towards victory but we still have to be on guard against flanking manuevers like domestic violence and mental illness restrictions. When we've eliminated GFZ's, repealed NFA, and have constitutional carry in all 50 states, now that will be victory.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

I read somewhere that gun control is one of those issues for which a senator can get a lot of money just for "fighting the good fight". Diane Feinstein is a good example of that. She introduced a poorly conceived, poorly written anti "assault weapons" bill that failed miserably because of, in no small part, it's shaky construction. And yet, she garnered significant money from supporters who loved the way she "stood up to the NRA"

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Kirk has a point - for the current foreseeable future. But...all it will take to reverse the tide, and send us scrambling on the retreat, is one court decision "clarifying" that the right to defend yourself with a gun does not extend "outside the home."

Remember: the court lib/conservative balance that existed at the time of "Heller" is temporary. If you believe, as I do, that there will never be another Republican President, then all the liberals have to do, to shift that balance and get the hypothetical decision I refer to above, is wait.

Our castle is still built on sand. This is why we need to keep making the case for CC, to our friends and neighbors who are not confirmed lifelong metrosexual sissies. Gun control can only be prevented if a sufficiently-large and sufficiently-vocal proportion of voters opposes it, and continues to oppose it. There is absolutely nothing we can put in writing, in law or otherwise, that makes our eventual triumph certain. We will forever be one vote shy of defeat.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would agree that the global warming crusade has money potential, but that's from wall street operating the carbon exchange, and I'll go along with the idea that rich folks like bloomberg and fienstien will spend their own cash to satisfy their egos. Big money, like the kind bankers, pharma, insurance etc. deal in is where politicians want to be. The biggest player in dc on guns is the NRA and they have votes to back them up, but all of that is chicken feed compared to the checks the insurance industry or big pharma are writing. The gun issue is just not a money making proposition and big easy cash is what politicians want.

Brassman65

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    anderson
    I think in the end run we will never be one vote shy. There is just to much money in guns. If guns are outlawed how much taxes will be lost. How many gun companies will just ship manufacturing to china? I mean americans cant buy guns anymore so who cares about hand made in the USA. The moment we can no longer buy guns will be the moment our economy truely tanks.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I'm not so sure the argument is as completely won as the article seems to conclude. I do think we are marching towards victory but we still have to be on guard against flanking manuevers like domestic violence and mental illness restrictions. When we've eliminated GFZ's, repealed NFA, and have constitutional carry in all 50 states, now that will be victory.
    :+1:

I'll never let my guard down against the antis. It's just an ongoing battle.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The left is losing. When the lose they become very vicious. Republicans are clueless in these matters. They do not know how to fight.

The whole attack mode is to get conservatives to doubt themselves or to start fighting among themselves.

And the reason that the left pushes social issues or does attacks is that they do not have the answers to our problems. They just want the power and position. Mostly because they are into things that need political cover.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The momentum is in our favor, but there certainly is a long fight ahead. Complacency is a huge challenge for us, far too many people do not vote. Getting people to care enough to get to the polls, even when there are no perfect candidates (there never are), would make a significant difference.

I think we are moving in the right direction, albeit very slowly. I would like to see the day when gun laws are as widely and uniformly accepted from state to state as driving a car. Isn't it ironic how widely accepted driving is? Yet driving is considered a privilege and not a right. But bearing arms is a right, not a privilege, yet we have to fight tooth and nail just to exercise this right. We can never stop fighting.

Top Bottom