• United

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Anti-Obama Sign Displayed on Metro Highway - NBC Action News KSHB-TV 41

Obama Sign on I-70

BLUE SPRINGS, MO. – An unusual sign has appeared along Interstate 70 in Blue Springs.

If you are traveling in the eastbound lanes of the freeway between Adams Dairy Parkway and the Grain Valley exit you will see a sign that appears to be anti-President Barack Obama.

The sign features the hammer and sickle, a symbol of communism and insinuates that Obama will jeopardize the first and second amendments to the Constitution, which are free speech and the right to keep and bear arms.

NBC Action News reporter Sloane Heller confirmed late Thursday morning the billboard is owned by William Cody, a metro small business owner. He lives by the stadiums and works in metal fabrication.

He says he isn't necessarily anti-Obama, but is against the policies coming out of the White House.

He calls the Federal Stimulus Package a waste and is equally upset over the bailout of the Big 3 Auto Makers.

Cody says this is his first billboard and he did it "to vent." He says, "We voted for change and this is the change we got?"

Cody says he is working on another sign for the same spot. It's set to go up in December. He won't reveal the content except to say it won't have Obama's name on it.

Let us know what you think. Is the sign offensive, or is it freedom of speech?

joshrio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I feel like this sign wasn't thought out. There's a whole lot of short thoughts jammed onto a billboard. I feel the average(most people) citizen won't know what to think. Good for him though, hopefully the IRS doesn't find him!

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Guaranteeing his business gets audited this year.

I hope he has his I's dotted and T's crossed.

But good for him, if he's got the cash, why not? It's not like it's somehow less offensive to a large group of the population than the huge strip club billboards we have up in Chicagoland.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    billboard-bush-bashers.jpg

bush-billboard-little-brother-boston.jpg

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I feel like this sign wasn't thought out. There's a whole lot of short thoughts jammed onto a billboard. I feel the average(most people) citizen won't know what to think. Good for him though, hopefully the IRS doesn't find him!

It's a billboard... You need to be able to read it in a fairly quick glance. Newspapers are places that you can take a little bit more time and explaine your opinion.:)

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Your observations are astute. I agree.

Top Bottom