• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Except you apparently have a disdain for fast food workers (an admittedly menial job). It's interesting that you used the same broad brush that you mentioned in your first post in the thread. If a person's making an honest living, what difference does it make how they do it?

I worked in fast food for a very long time from when I was 15 until I graduated college. I never said anything negative about fast food workers. Having been in the shoes of a fast food worker, I simply know that although it can be at times physically demanding, there are not too many big decisions to be made in that line of work.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I do admit that it was unwarranted and have been discussing the issue civilly with all of the other posters in this thread. However, being a new member, I found it uncalled for that I recieved negative rep on a post simply because he did not agree with it. I have treated everyone else in this entire forum with nothing but respect.
    Chill out!!!
    I was an Officer for twenty three years.
    If you can't take a little thing like a negative rep you won't be worth teats on a boar hog after twenty years on the road. Presuming you last that long.
    Mike

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Chill out!!!
    I was an Officer for twenty three years.
    If you can't take a little thing like a negative rep you won't be worth teats on a boar hog after twenty years on the road. Presuming you last that long.
    Mike

Hahahaha, yeah you have a point there.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I worked in fast food for a very long time from when I was 15 until I graduated college. I never said anything negative about fast food workers. Having been in the shoes of a fast food worker, I simply know that although it can be at times physically demanding, there are not too many big decisions to be made in that line of work.

The above is disingenuous. We all know that calling anyone a fast food worker is a put down. You're making friends quick.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I might as well go ahead and call it....

ibtl3dd.jpg

Yep. I'm gonna go ahead and say this thread's not likely to come back.

Just a little more... Little more....

C'mon guys... that's three members, two of whom are mods. Prove us wrong.

I dare you!

Blessings,
    Bill

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    About the only issue I've ever taken with LEO's on here are those who think it's perfectly ok to pull people over for trivial pc because they are bored and hope to find something to bust people for.

If the LEO's on this board seem to think they are disrespected on here, I don't see why most feel the need to shout from the rooftops what their profession is.

Like Obama's tranny appointee (no, I'm not saying cops are trannies, just giving an example), I wouldn't have had a clue she was a tranny if she and the rights groups weren't rubbing our noses in it. Kind of hard for me to view someone in a certain prism if I have no reason to believe they belong in that prism. I guess an easier way of saying this is how can I make personal derogatory anti leo attacks on you if I don't know you're a LEO?

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by infidel
    I might as well go ahead and call it....

wol_error.gif
    This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 750x600.
    ibtl3dd.jpg

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scutter01
    Yep. I'm gonna go ahead and say this thread's not likely to come back.

Just a little more... Little more....

C'mon guys... that's three members, two of whom are mods. Prove us wrong.

I dare you!

Blessings,
    Bill

:eek:

BanHammer.jpg

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    About the only issue I've ever taken with LEO's on here are those who think it's perfectly ok to pull people over for trivial pc because they are bored and hope to find something to bust people for.

If the LEO's on this board seem to think they are disrespected on here, I don't see why most feel the need to shout from the rooftops what their profession is.

Like Obama's tranny appointee (no, I'm not saying cops are trannies, just giving an example), I wouldn't have had a clue she was a tranny if she and the rights groups weren't rubbing our noses in it. Kind of hard for me to view someone in a certain prism if I have no reason to believe they belong in that prism. I guess an easier way of saying this is how can I make personal derogatory anti leo attacks on you if I don't know you're a LEO?

I haven't personally felt disrespected on this board. I saw a few posts about LE where members who were LEO's stated that they were and offered up explanations for why what happened happened. Some of the threads ended up with the LEO getting bashed for what happened in that instance or similar instances.

Just reminding people that LEO's do not make the laws and we do not agree with all of the laws we are paid to enforce. We simply have to do a job to put food on our familes tables like everyone else.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I do admit that it was unwarranted and have been discussing the issue civilly with all of the other posters in this thread. However, being a new member, I found it uncalled for that I recieved negative rep on a post simply because he did not agree with it. I have treated everyone else in this entire forum with nothing but respect.

Since you felt you were disrespected by a neg rep, which is private, you respond by publicly being disrespectful and insulting?

So, in essence you are saying:

"But MOM! He did it, so why can't I?!"

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yep, let's keep it alive and polite!

I for one, thoroughly appreciate the LEO's on this forum. Their insight and perspective is appreciated. That said, both sides of this discussion need to step back and chill occasionally.

Be careful with your words. It's not about just you.

Last edited:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I am new to this site and for the most part, MOST of the people here are look at the big picture. However, a SMALL NUMBER of the posters seem to keep posting anti-law enforcement posts.

I would just like to post this as a reminder that the LEO's on this site are on your side. I will admit that there are some anti-gun LEO's out there but, they are not the one's on this site. I personally along with the vast majority of my fellow LEO's would love to see a day when anyone can carry anything he/she wants anywhere.

We understand that gun control does nothing to stop criminals from carrying guns and simply disarms the hardworking everyday citizens of the fine country.

I would just like the LEO's on this site to be seen as fellow gun owners and a possible point of refrence instead of the enemy.

:ingo:Ok, I feel better and will step off of my soapbox for now. :patriot:

I will count you amongst the good ones.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    and LEO's are under a much closer watch than most other professions. When is the last time you turned on the news and heard about a plumber who got arrested for d.u.i. or the off-duty car salesman who got in a fight?

Hey, leave me outta this!

Seriously, The LEO's on here seem like nice folks. Their job is thankless.
    It's kinda childish when people bash them everytime some other LEO in some other state does something wrong.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    That's how it should be. If a plumber messes up, you end up with a little flooding in your house. If he acts maliciously, it can cost some big money.

Someone with real power over you life can end your life literally or figuratively. They can do so while apparently acting within the scope of their job, and they can do worse when they go beyond it, either due to ignorance, incompetence, negligence, or malice.

Whoever said post 14 sure called it...

For the record, I gave kick4426 neg rep for the above post (in bold red). It was completely useless & totally dismissive of a good counter-argument. If you want a discussion, fine, let's discuss. But, do not come onto the board & start trying to insult people to further your personal agenda.

To soothe his damaged ego, he then proceeded to give me neg rep in return for the the following post:

I'm going to need someone to provide some links to this 'cop-bashing' on INGO. I don't remember ever encountering any. All I've seen is people who have been critical of those who wield great power. To not be critical of such individuals is to deny human nature & choose to be naive & trusting when no trust is warranted.

The people who issue badges hold many similarities to those who issue medical licenses...except that doctors have much more education & training for their profession. Can any of you blind-faith folks tell me that you trust every doctor, surgeon, & nurse? People are people & I'll judge each on his/her own merits...not some state certification, license, badge, etc.

Let's go ahead & close this thread...and any other trolling from kick4426. He never wanted a discussion, but instead wanted to whine.

Last edited:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    While I am as often as not, the one posting against an LEO, I agree. for the most part, they are good people with similar beliefs to me. The problem I have is when they take things too far and abuse powers of discretion. For example, a burnt out light is not a crime, nor does it indicate a crime. So pulling someone over for a burnt out light, then arresting them for some unrelated offense, is an abuse of power and lack of discretion, morals, and ethics. That's my opinion anyway, for what it's worth.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The problem I have is when they take things too far and abuse powers of discretion. For example, a burnt out light is not a crime, nor does it indicate a crime. So pulling someone over for a burnt out light, then arresting them for some unrelated offense, is an abuse of power and lack of discretion, morals, and ethics. That's my opinion anyway, for what it's worth.

That is the only problem that I've ever had a heated debate with LEO's on this forum. Using a burnt out license plate light to pull someone over and ask for a vehicle search goes against the spirit of the 4th amendment.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    I have been called a Cop Basher on this forum before. This isn't because I hate the police, or because I think they are all *******s. I know several cops that are actually really good guys. However I feel, and many others here agree, that they should be held to a higher standard. We as citizens give LEO certain powers so they can enforce laws so that we don't have to. When they abuse those powers I feel that they should be nailed to the wall. I highly support good police officers, but I will always look to them with a skeptical eye. LEO are employed by the citizens, and it is the citizens responsibility to keep them in check.

Furthermore when I do bring up these points, I do it here. This is an environment where we can meet on mutual ground. I don't criticize officers in public, and I certainly don't do anything to degrade them to others on the street. This isn't a game where we should be shouting from the sidelines. If I have an issue with an officer I meet on the street I bring it up to him, if the issue is note worthy then we can talk about it here. Just as I support our Mod staff in public even when I think they are idiots. I can always wait an send a pm.

Mom taught me a few valuable lessons, and I think that two of them apply to this discussion; question everything and everyone, and there is a time and a place for everything.

I know my rights, I know the constitution, and I know the laws applicable, I won't be walked on by some JBT. I also know my lawyers phone number and that things can be dealt with later. As long as the cops in question are on the up and up I will back them, but when they aren't it is our duty to bring the full power of the law against them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom