• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    people i talk to on here never heard of anschutz ,they used to be a good gun.seems alot of people every where think cz is the best or ruger.what do you think is the most accurate 22 l r is or one you have had i have a jap 52 winchester that is about the same as the cz that i have had,plural.i have a heavy barrel 77-22 that is my fav. gun i own, it is the closest thing i have seen to my anschutz 164.remingtons seem to shoot good but all the 541t or s havent been all that.my best rem. was a 581 go figure.i am talking sporters only.my ruger was a sporter i turned it into a target gun so i shouldnt count that one.best sporters guys?

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    You have named some fine firearms. I have had or still do have most of what you have mentioned. My humble opinion is; the Ruger is probably the finest commonly available 22 bolt action on the market. My Anschutz is my favorite bolt action rifle for shooting the eye out of a squirrel. But Anschutz is not found in every gunshop or gun show. But for just fun shooting, I own a Colteer carbine. Very light and fast pointing. It won't win any shooting matches, but pop cans are as good as dead!

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    love my anschutz. I have had a few guns that would keep up with it. ruger 77 with volquartsen heavy barrel and a good trigger job. Marlin 2000L both gone now, but the anschutz is still here. maybe its the 4oz trigger i cant live without

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You can't really compare an Anschutz with a Ruger or CZ. It's like comparing a Ferrari to a pickup truck.

9rows

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    i have an anschutz-savage model 141 chambered for .22 win mag

it is an absolutely phenomenal gun

theoretically speaking, if i had to sell all my guns, the 141 would be the last to go

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have two Savage Anshutz rifles. One is a sporter and the other is a match rifle. These actually were made by Anshutz and imported by Savage. Anshutz is the dominant bolt-action .22 rifle in competitive shooting events. Great triggers and short lock, and fine fit and finish keep Anshutz on top. They are priced accordingly!

Dr. Pretorius

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I own a CZ 452 lux I bought a long time ago from Albro's guns. I went in with my heart set on a semi auto Ruger 1022, but after talking with the gentleman behind the counter and hear him rave about the CZ I decided to give it a try. Boy I'm glad I did!! The first time I took the rifle to shoot, me and my two shooting buddies were shocked how accurate this rifle was. Both of them ran and bought one the next day. Since then my buddies and I have bought several CZ rifles in .17, 22-250, 223, 204 and they all are tack drivers out of the box.

bobn911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Edwardsburg, MI
    I have 2 Savage-Anshutz 164M and I would'nt sell them for anything. One of them is one of the first that was chambered for the .22M. The other is one of the last Savage had their name stamped on it. Absolute tack drivers. If you can see a squirrels eye, the rest of it is in the skillet. Later, Bob

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I'm old, so I've had longer to be fortunate ..... ;)

I have a Win 52B (1948), and a Rem 40X(1964), and an Anschutz 1411,(1963), and a couple of BSA Martini's (mid 60's). I did buy, in the late 90's, a Ruger 1022-T, stainless target rifle in .22 cal...... It's the only Ruger rimfire rifle I've ever owned, and every old Mossberg I own (4 or 5 of 'em) outshot that Ruger hands down..... not to mention the first five I mentioned above. Granted, it's like comparing apples to oranges, but unless you do lots of customizing to a Ruger rimfire rifle, it's not been my experience that they will even approach the accuracy of some of the older rifles.

......some pics....
    http://personal.swayzee.com/jayb/index.html

Top Bottom