• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    I was able to have an hour with two of the absolute best .22 cal rifles Ive ever seen / shoot. The one Below is an older custom Anshutz with custom trigger that had an optional micro oz or 2oz trigger pull,
    To those who dont know anything about trigger pull that is a "micro oz", you dont pull the trigger you think trigger with you finger rested on the front:): im dead serious, I covered the side of the trigger the first round and shot 15 feet away from the target:n00b: after that it was on, each target below was sat at 55 yards, the targets were 1.5 inch in circle.
    IMAG0248.jpg

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a pic of the second rifle due to the crappy batteries in my cell phone but i was able to fine the other Anschutz rifle i was shooting below.

The one I was shooting had $$$ optics,
    images
    :bowdown::chuck:

results at 55yards wolf match grade 40g .22lr - 1.5 inch circles
    IMAG0251.jpg

he has one here Im considering buying its an Anschutz 1903, gotta save a few :twocents: first...
    1903big.jpg

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    How many :twocents: are we talking about?:):

That last pic looks almost exactly the same as many of the .22s used in the bi-atholon at the Olympic level.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    How many :twocents: are we talking about?:):

That last pic looks almost exactly the same as many of the .22s used in the bi-atholon at the Olympic level.

He said since I was a family friend he would let it go for 650, its stripped, factory trigger no optics,
    Ive only researched the 1903 for approx 3 minutes I guess its considered "entry level" hadn't researched the $$$ on this model:dunno: Im thinking around 700-1200 used???

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I think the top one is a 2013. That is their flagship all position rifle. For the most part, we do not take .22 or pellet target rifles seriously. At casual notice they seem like weird rifles that shoot weak little slow bullets on short little ranges. Then you watch the performance. True small bore shooters drop holes in the little targets that look like they were done on a drafting table.

I am very familiar with the 1903, having trained with one. $650-800 is a GREAT price, (where do you want me to sent the money?) Be aware, it is very easy to spent $500 to put a front and rear sight on an Anshultz rifle. A middle of the road rear eye piece is easily $175 not even counting the sight to screw it into.

If you set up and have disciplined practice with a smallbore rifle, you will become an outstanding marksman with whatever rifle you pick up. The bad side is that you will NEVER again be satisfied with a factory trigger.

Last edited:

verniebernie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Bradenton Florida
    Anshutz is a very fine rifle, lived in Germany for 15.5 years while in the military and shot many. I own a Anshutz bolt action 22 hornet magazine fed with a Kahles 2.5x10x50 scope and love it.

nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    You wont regret buying one

I was able to shoot my friends Anshutz target rifle. I cant remeber the model but remeber it weighed a ton. It too was a great shooter and was easy to fall in love with.

J D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Fishers In
    They're hard to beat. I was torque testing my sporter yesterday @ 25 yards ( too windy for 50) and ended up with two 5 shot groups of .05 with wolf mt. Off a bench.

I have an older 1903 that i bought in a bench stock. It's not that accurate but not too far behind the 54 sporter.

LionsFan1911Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    Does it work well past 55 yards?

I was able to have an hour with two of the absolute best .22 cal rifles Ive ever seen / shoot. The one Below is an older custom Anshutz with custom trigger that had an optional micro oz or 2oz trigger pull,
    To those who dont know anything about trigger pull that is a "micro oz", you dont pull the trigger you think trigger with you finger rested on the front:): im dead serious, I covered the side of the trigger the first round and shot 15 feet away from the target:n00b: after that it was on, each target below was sat at 55 yards, the targets were 1.5 inch in circle.
    1903big.jpg

How far out is that gun accurate? Seems like 55 yrds is pretty close in for a scoped .22. I'm no expert though, just wondering how far out you can use it??:dunno:

jylederman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Franklin, IN
    I got to shoot one recently. We started shooting at 100 yds and worked our way back to 625 yds. It is an amazingly accurate riffle and we were just shooting federal bulk ammo.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    This wasnt my anshutz im thinking now it was more like 75 with the new yrd markers that are up its easier to remember where he sat the target. Hell i shoot a modified 597 med heavy brl that can shoot par. But i still want a classic Anshutz.

Last edited:

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I have an Anschutz that I bought many years ago on Gunbroker.com. I had zero experience with good target rifles, and mounted a 36x scope on it and proceeded to shoot from bench at 50 ft. The bullseyes were the diameter of the bullet and I would get pissed if I didn't get a bullseye with every shot using Eley match ammo. You can literally watch your heartbeat in the scope and have to time your shots accordingly.

I think I'll get it out tomorrow and make some holes. :-)

Top Bottom