• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hntrroy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    Winslow IN
    Pinshooter45- You have a great talent for writing. I have read lots of stories and have never been more captivated. Awesome posts!! Look foreword to reading more whenever you get to it. No hurries from me. Just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your work. BTW. Congrats on the new job and the college courses completion.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Story continues!!!

The acting President continued to shuffle through the papers, reports, technical memos, and updates. He was about to give up and put the file away for the time being when he noticed a group of papers paper clipped together. They appeared to be notes and minutes from staff meetings. At the top of each page was the title “The Tora Bora issue” with the words “Spin Ghar” in parentheses below it. This portion of the file seemed to be transcriptions of meetings between the President at that time and the Joint Chiefs of Staff and other military officials. The main focus seemed to be the difficulty of flushing out insurgents in that area and finding Osama Bin Laden. Several of the passages contained heated discussions border lining all out arguments about what to do and how to get that operation on track and over with. The president seemed to be intensely frustrated by the military and intelligence services in ability to deliver Bin Laden. As he read on he found what he believed was a dramatic turning point.
    Operation Spin Ghar (White Mountain) began on October 25[SUP]th[/SUP] 2007 it was a sub-operation of Operation Pamir. This massive military offensive was intended to rid the notorious Baluchi Pass, located in the heart of Uruzgan's Chora Valley, of its Taliban infestation. The Baluchi Pass is a tight and winding track long known to be a Taliban supply line that squeezes through the larger Chora Valley, which connects Uruzgan's capital Tarin Kowt to the mountain village of Chora. Heavy fighting had been ongoing in the area all summer including the biggest Afghan engagement for Dutch forces, the Battle of Chora. After 1,000 Taliban encircled the mountain villages of Chora and attacked on June 15, Dutch forces counterattacked with a massive artillery and aerial bombardment that lasted three days. Well over 100 Taliban died in the onslaught, as did scores of civilians and Afghan security forces. Following the massive set piece battle, the remaining Taliban fighters retreated high into the mountains surrounding the Chora hamlet. The isolated Dutch outpost became unsustainable largely due to the lack of adequate Afghan security resources available to help operate critical security checkpoints. This deficiency allowed the Taliban to slowly reoccupy the valley and reestablish a foothold close to the Chora urban center. Heavy fighting has persisted ever since that June battle. Large groups of Taliban between August and September attacked firebase Anaconda, an American outpost in Khas Uruzgan district, five times. One large-scale engagement in mid-September left over 65 Taliban fighters killed as they attempted to ambush a joint Afghan-Coalition patrol. Ferocious battles continued well into early October.
    Truman continued to read the details and although coalition forces eventually drove the Taliban out of the area, it was an ugly operation as some press agencies termed it.
    The President was clearly frustrated with the constant back and forth nature of the Afghan war. The transcript of this particular meeting showed a clear determination to come up with a way to take away the ability of the enemy to retreat to the safety of the rugged mountains. Sun Tzu and “The Art of War” immediately came to Truman’s mind, “Therefore, the art of employing troops is that when the enemy occupies high ground, do not confront him; with his back resting on hills, do not oppose him.” Truman continued to read the transcript; it was filled with details of all the different engagements related to the ongoing operations, casualty reports, and equipment losses, requests for re-enforcements and replacement of damaged trucks Humvees etc. The last few pages were all dedicated to terrorist training camps and suicide bomber training. It was self-evident that that the President at that time was enraged by the continuation and inability to stop and clean out these camps and training facilities. The last few lines were direct quotes from him and highlighted in red. “IF THESE PEOPLE ARE SO BENT ON KILLING THEMSELVES WE'LL HELP THEM! GET THESE NEW WEAPONS READY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! IF THEY ARE SO ANXIOUS TO DIE FOR THEIR CAUSE, I WILL SEND THEM TO HELL! THEN THEY CAN FIND OUT IT THEY HAVE 72 VIRGINS WAITING FOR THEM IN THAT AFTER-LIFE!” That was the end of that report but near the bottom of the page scribbled in red pencil and circled several times was the words OPERATION AFTER-LIFE.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Working on the next installment. Could be a few days it is a tangled web I am weaving on the fate of the Pres who is still in a coma and maybe could die and maybe not. But I gotta do it right so I don't paint myself in a corner so to speak...

Fredo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    In A Yellow Submarin
    Wow! I just stumbled upon this! PS45, Great writing style! I could not wait to get to the next installment! My wife is an english major, I'm going to let her read what you have so far.
    P.S. You should copyright this!!!

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Awesome read! I just found this thread Wednesday and enjoyed every edition. Reminds me a bit of some of the Dale Brown books I used to read. Almost feel like I am an unmentioned character in the neighborhood group.

Matt

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Time for another installment!

They call Paris the city of lights but Washington D.C. must come in a close second Guns Donaldson thought to himself as he began his drive across town. Floodlights lit nearly every building of the federal government, monuments and street in town and that made it seem more like early evening rather than the middle of the night. Our tax money at work he thought briefly. However, in the neighborhood that was his destination streetlights were not as numerous and floodlights were nearly nonexistent. This would make it easier for him to stay hidden in the shadows and surprise his prey. His first target lived in the Shaw area of D.C near Howard University. Somewhat ironic that one of the poorer areas of the nation’s capital was adjacent to one of the most prominent universities in the country. Guns glanced down at the address of the Nurse, he lived on seventh street NW just a few blocks from the Red Toque Café, ah one of his favorite restaurants, never commit murder on an empty stomach he thought. What sounded good for a night of mayhem, he thought, the veggie and beef samosas, with a mango latte, or the chicken Biryani, chicken kabob, he looked at his watch, 11pm. The kid had to take a second shift job at a warehouse and his shift did not end until 12 am, plenty of time to get a late supper. Guns did a quick survey of the area for surveillance cameras as he entered the parking lot then found the darkest corner and backed in to a space to hide the license plate of the stolen car he was driving from any prying eyes. Hell he was walking distance from his targets apartment this might just be as good a place as any to dump the car since he was going to use the nurses to get to the hospital and back
    He did a quick check of his murder kit, a flash drive with all the necessary anti-government, terrorist leaning propaganda, and electronic footprints on it. Once loaded properly on the nurse’s PC it would take an excellent computer forensic investigator to find the real source of the data. Especially since it was designed to destroy the data, just enough to make it look good once someone begins the forensic process. Some CDs and DVD to leave lying around loaded with various hacking tools that would have made it possible to hack the hospitals computer system to reauthorize him as an employee and few key cards. One HI-Point 9mm loaded with cheap military surplus ammo that he had made several small cuts into the jackets to ensure the bullets would fragment and do plenty of damage. A wide variety of prescription painkillers to shove down the nurse’s throat or inject into his veins to aid in the suicide scenario he had in mind. A nice big syringe of potassium chloride to stop the Commander in chief’s heart, a common stun gun, Chloral Hydrate and some cheap booze for some Mickey Finns, and some pepper spray for the Secret Service guys guarding the President. It would be easier if he could just whack the agents his way, but he needed to make it look like an amateur did this. Which properly done would just add to the controversy and intensify the search for answers. He knew that that slipping a Mickey to a Secret Service Agent would be impossible, but an amateur might make that mistake, and need then pepper spray and stun gun would come in to play and of course of all else failed, which was his plan, just shoot the fracking agents. It was always best to have a plan A, B, and C. Guns would make sure all the clues and evidence would lead straight back to the White House and Truman Grant. This would be his masterpiece, but unfortunately, he would never be able to take credit for it. Nevertheless, a well-executed plan would be satisfaction enough. Because by morning the President would be dead and so would, a nurse recently fired for medication errors as the patsy for the perfect assignation. Oh, how the conspiracy theorists and black helicopter crowd will be eating this up. Because Guns could just imagine everyone comparing that Nurse to the biggest patsy of the 20[SUP]th[/SUP] century Lee Harvey Oswald and he could sit back pop some popcorn and watch the circus. Okay time to eat…yes I think the Kabobs sound good he thought as he exited the car and headed for the restaurant’s entrance.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thank you for the kind comment. Had to stop working on it when I did an 18 month accelerated IT degree. Then I found 1 job that didn't work out. Then I scrambled to find some source of income which took up an enormous amount of time. Then I found one other temp job that worsened my arthritis and I lost that one. So I have since spent the last six months seeing doctors which has resulted in a 3 day reservation at Hotel IU North Hospital for a total hip replacement. So Consequently finishing this story has not been High on my list of priorities. But the hip gets done on September 9 so I'll have a few weeks of recovery and rehab to go through. So after several false restarts perhaps I will finally get back on track and write episodes on a regular basis.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Thank you for responding. I'm sorry to hear about your need for a hip replacement and will pray that it is successful and that you have a speedy recovery.
    (And, yes, I'm also waiting for an update to your story. ^_^ )

Top Bottom