• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Are you saying there is no time during a war/conflict that a nation MUST do whatever is necessary to help insure it's survival? In this case taking out a self admitted enemy/traitor? Words/deeds have meaning, and this POS was arrogant enough to believe he could get away with saying/doing that. Well guess what... he wasn't, and I don't want my love for this country to be questioned simply because I refuse to be concerned or shed a tear that a traitor met the fate he deserved.

They are winning by getting us to give up our freedoms and our ideals because of what they are doing, and we are happily letting it happen.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    So there are certain times when the constitution doesnt matter?

There are certain times when the Constitution says that this is a matter for the President to decide because it involve conducting war in foreign lands, this is one of those times. Just because some here don't agree with what was done not, therefore, make it unconstitutional. Some things are constitutional despite your preferences.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Are you saying there is no time during a war/conflict that a nation MUST do whatever is necessary to help insure it's survival?
    You really thought that this hyped-up internet blogger was a threat to the survival of the United States of America. Come on.....

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It would have taken more checks and balances to tap a terror suspect's phone than it does to summarily execute them.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Absolutely we must adapt. Let's do it the right way -- amend the constitution and let the people decide. Until then, and after, we obey the law.

Open up the Constitution in the current political environment??? Are you crazy?:D In this case, this thug was a traitor, and traitors are delt with swiftly, or at least they should be. You become a member of an organization that is planning the destruction of everything we know/believe you are a traitor period. If your country of birth means so little to you that you would be a party to it's destruction, to hell with you IMO.

Besides all this hand wringing is kind of hypocritical isn't it? Benedict Arnold would have been hung or shot without any trial IF he had been caught so why all the "we must follow the Constitution" crap now? The founding fathers would have had no problem dispatching a traitor when found.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Do you REALLY believe all he was or was doing was just all from being a 'hyped up" internet blogger? Come on.....:rolleyes: If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck........
    Absolutely. Not even the government has suggested that he killed someone.

I asked what his "acts of war" were and I was told that he wrote emails to a the Fort Hood shooter. So "declaring war" is pretty much anything the government wants it to be. It could be a pissed off INGOer venting about the government.

He's a Thought Criminal. He certainly didn't threaten my existence or my way of life.

Apparently he was too dangerous to arrest and put on trial. Instead we'll drop a million-dollar bomb on him and pave the way for more summary executions.

And just like with Osama Bin Laden, when we finally locate the great terrorist mastermind, the Government makes him disappear, instead of.... you know.... interrogating him and finding out his secrets.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Absolutely we must adapt. Let's do it the right way -- amend the constitution and let the people decide. Until then, and after, we obey the law.

And we killed a lot of men, women and children who never raised a hand against the U.S., personally.... when we dropped the "bombs" on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The American people didn't exactly 'vote' on that one....

But if we had not...... we would all be slaves of Volkswagen Corp or working in 'sushi restaurants' right now..... and have no voting rights! We likely would have all been summarily executed, by the German & Japanese invaders.

No one likes that we had to do that, to end an atrocious war. I don't know a single U.S. citizen, that is actually 'proud' that we bombed those two Japanese cities. But there would be no United States of America today, if we had failed to win.....

Last edited:

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I don't see how that is comparable, Green. I am specifically talking about American Citizens being deprived of their constitutional rights. The only comment I can truthfully make about those nuclear bombings is that I'm glad I didn't have to make the call.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    No one likes that we had to do that, to end an atrocious war. I don't know a single U.S. citizen, that is actually 'proud' that we bombed those two Japanese cities. But there would be no United States of America today, if we had failed to win.....

I am proud that Truman had the cajones to do it. My Dad was in the Luzons ready to begin prepping for the invasion of Japan. The casualties expected in that operation (US, Japanese including civilians) were many times what were killed by the two atomic bombs.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I am proud that Truman had the cajones to do it. My Dad was in the Luzons ready to begin prepping for the invasion of Japan. The casualties expected in that operation (US, Japanese including civilians) were many times what were killed by the two atomic bombs.

Indeed. Certainly nobody is happy that in order to end the war we had to annihilate two cities with some of the most devastating weapons mankind has ever produced, but it is hardly disgraceful or merely a "necessity".

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Indeed. Certainly nobody is happy that in order to end the war we had to annihilate two cities with some of the most devastating weapons mankind has ever produced, but it is hardly disgraceful or merely a "necessity".

Agreed, but it shows the ability/willingness to do whatever it takes to win a war, and end the bloodshed. You don't win wars/conflicts by playing nice. Something that appears to escape some.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I don't see how that is comparable, Green. I am specifically talking about American Citizens being deprived of their constitutional rights. The only comment I can truthfully make about those nuclear bombings is that I'm glad I didn't have to make the call.

You seem to be missing the obvious. Anwar al-Awlaki had already violated the Constitutional and civil rights of "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" of dozens of American citizens, not to mention the members of our Armed Forces whose lives were taken by his 'student'... at his direction and with his blessings.

This is a 'war'. A struggle for the very existence of Liberty as we know it. There comes a time, when you have to make the tough, and yes, often un-pleasant, even troubling decisions.... to preserve that Liberty. Call it a choice of "the lesser of two evils" or whatever you like..... they are decisions that have to be made, nonetheless..... :patriot:

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    You seem to be missing the obvious. Anwar al-Awlaki had already violated the Constitutional and civil rights of "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" of dozens of American citizens, not to mention the members of our Armed Forces whose lives were taken by his 'student'... at his direction and with his blessings.

This is a 'war'. A struggle for the very existence of Liberty as we know it. There comes a time, when you have to make the tough, and yes, often un-pleasant, even troubling decisions.... to preserve that Liberty. Call it a choice of "the lesser of two evils" or whatever you like..... they are decisions that have to be made, nonetheless..... :patriot:

How exactly do you know this? He was never charged with a crime, and was never convicted as citizenship guarantees????????

As an american citizen, you can't just say " well he did it because they said so -- we have standards for justice, and he was just arbitrarily assassinated."

You're placing an amazing amount of trust in the same government that illegally sold guns to people who murdered american citizens.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Maybe it's just me but, if one make the conscious decision to betray their country and refuses to abide by the laws of that country, and calls for violence against that country doesn't that make them a traitor? Where is it written in the Constitution that a SELF PROFESSED traitor continues to have protection that the document provides for? Talk about someone wanting to "play the system"!:rolleyes:

In the past during times of war traitors were taken out and shot... end of story. Kind of what happened here isn't it?

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    How exactly do you know this? He was never charged with a crime, and was never convicted as citizenship guarantees????????

You're placing an amazing amount of trust in the same government that illegally sold guns to people who murdered american citizens.

I am not placing my trust in the government, to tell me anything. I personally viewed the crap he spewed against the U.S. and her citizens, on his YouTube vids. He was calling on all Muslims to wage war on the United States of America.

When you witness something, first-hand.... you don't need a court or jury to tell you what you already know..... :patriot:

Top Bottom