• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Have been on jury duty this whole week. Long story short..... Homeowner had an intruder came into his house two seperate times, unanounced, and began arguing with a female acquaintance of the homeowner. Both times, the homeowner managed to get the intruder to leave. The third time the intruder came back, he again started arguing with the female to the point where the homeowner feared for her saftey. The homeowner, went into his bedroom to retrieve his .357 and heard glass break. Upon returning, he found the intruder was arguing with the female outside with his front door glass broken. The homeowner went outside and told the intruder to leave his property, the intruder proceded to double his fists and start charging the homeowner stating "F*** THIS, YOU GONNA SHOOT ME WITH THAT FU***** GUN!" Homeowner shot the intruder once in the Right knee and once in the left hip stopping him. The State tried charging the homeowner with 2- Felony battery, 2 misdomeaner battery, and 2 Felony Criminal Wreckless charges???? 7 hours of deliberations later.....Not Guilty on all charges, Classic self defence IMHO! :patriot:

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    firing on an unarmed man is a bit out there IMO, but to each their own. I guess everyone has their own definition of need and use of deadly force, that's not mine but...

Good win though I suppose :yesway:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Have been on jury duty this whole week. Long story short..... Homeowner had an intruder came into his house two seperate times, unanounced, and began arguing with a female acquaintance of the homeowner. Both times, the homeowner managed to get the intruder to leave. The third time the intruder came back, he again started arguing with the female to the point where the homeowner feared for her saftey. The homeowner, went into his bedroom to retrieve his .357 and heard glass break. Upon returning, he found the intruder was arguing with the female outside with his front door glass broken. The homeowner went outside and told the intruder to leave his property, the intruder proceded to double his fists and start charging the homeowner stating "F*** THIS, YOU GONNA SHOOT ME WITH THAT FU***** GUN!" Homeowner shot the intruder once in the Right knee and once in the left hip stopping him. The State tried charging the homeowner with 2- Felony battery, 2 misdomeaner battery, and 2 Felony Criminal Wreckless charges???? 7 hours of deliberations later.....Not Guilty on all charges, Classic self defence IMHO! :patriot:

Sounds like it to me. The law is clear. Glad to see justice prevailed.
    Thanks for your service!

Blessings,
    Bill

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    firing on an unarmed man is a bit out there IMO, but to each their own. I guess everyone has their own definition of need and use of deadly force, that's not mine but...

Good win though I suppose :yesway:

Umm. The bg charged into the homeowner's house towards the homeowner while the homeowner had a gun. That by definition means the use of deadly force is not only allowed, but prudent as the bg has clearly demonstrated that he intended the homeowner harm, and now that a gun is in play the homeowner can NOT allow someone who intended him harm control of it.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    awesome. Just out of curiosity, Did the homeowner call the police before shooting, or wasn't there time, or how did that play out?
    Also, how long ago did this happen? I'm wondering how long a legal thing like this drags on.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Umm. The bg charged into the homeowner's house towards the homeowner while the homeowner had a gun. That by definition means the use of deadly force is not only allowed, but prudent as the bg has clearly demonstrated that he intended the homeowner harm, and now that a gun is in play the homeowner can NOT allow someone who intended him harm control of it.

It's probably gonna get pointed out to you several times but let me be the first .

Umm , the homeowner was outside when he shot the BG .

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It's probably gonna get pointed out to you several times but let me be the first .

Our right to self defense is not limited to being in the house. It may have been a factor, though, in the state's decision to charge the shooter and let a jury decide the issue.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine

I'll take second on this...

It's just my IMHO that if a homeowner is rushed by an unarmed man, only after the fact that he (homeowner) brandishes a firearm. That that's not a scenario requiring deadly force. Maybe an @ss whooping, but not deadly force.

JustOneMore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Franklin
    I'll take second on this...

It's just my IMHO that if a homeowner is rushed by an unarmed man, only after the fact that he (homeowner) brandishes a firearm. That that's not a scenario requiring deadly force. Maybe an @ss whooping, but not deadly force.

So let me get this straight, you think the homeowner, who now has a firearm in his hands weather that is right or wrong, should now resort to just a physical fight with the bg and risk having the firearm taken away and possibly used on him and his wife??:dunno:

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I disagree, the homeowner should have dropped the gun and went to fists??
    If I ask you to leave my property and you rush me, I'd have shot him too. :dunno: :twocents:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

And if he didn't feel confident he could put the attacker down without absorbing serious bodily harm?

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County

I know everyone has their own opinion but this one made me laugh. So if the homeowner was 5foot nothing and BG was 6'5 and charging at him he should resort to a fist fight?? umm I dont think so. The BG should be lucky they he just took one to the knee and the hip. Cause if that was me I aint aiming for the knee or hip. That just my :twocents:.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I disagree, the homeowner should have dropped the gun and went to fists??
    If I ask you to leave my property and you rush me, I'd have shot him too. :dunno:

no the way I read it, the guy got rushed AFTER he brandished a weapon. Had he not done that he might not have been rushed.

I guess this is more of a factor of when to draw down and when not to.

BUCK HINKLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    greenfield
    So let me get this straight, you think the homeowner, who now has a firearm in his hands weather that is right or wrong, should now resort to just a physical fight with the bg and risk having the firearm taken away and possibly used on him and his wife??:dunno:

I am not sure but I think the called her a "female friend" I don't want to split hairs but does his wife know about his "female friend"???? :laugh:

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I know everyone has their own opinion but this one made me laugh. So if the homeowner was 5foot nothing and BG was 6'5 and charging at him he should resort to a fist fight?? umm I dont think so. The BG should be lucky they he just took one to the knee and the hip. Cause if that was me I aint aiming for the knee or hip. That just my :twocents:.

agreed....but that info wasn't included in the scenario.

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    RogerB,
    You seem to be reverting to the schoolyard 'fair fight'. Under attack, the homeowner must use his available resources to stop the threat. Slugging it out with the other guy seems that the homeowner puts himself and innocent others in increased jeopardy. That's irresponsible.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    RogerB,
    You seem to be reverting to the schoolyard 'fair fight'. Under attack, the homeowner must use his available resources to stop the threat. Slugging it out with the other guy seems that the homeowner puts himself and innocent others in increased jeopardy. That's irresponsible.

perhaps so, but as I said its just IMHO. Seems like a weapon was brought into a situation before it was really necessary, and that it may have escalated the situation.

Not saying the homeowner shouldn't have been armed and used the weapon.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom