• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Pelosi explained, "We are all Americans -- north and south in this hemisphere," and urged America to see this as not a crisis but an opportunity "to be helpful."

No. No we're not all Americans in the traditional sense of US citizens. That they come from the same hemisphere or across the ocean doesn't matter. Creating a crisis and then using it for political advantage isn't "helpful".

However, it's not the fault of those children that Nancy Pelosi is a meddling *****. I think they should be treated compassionately, as we try to find a way to get them back to their own countries. We don't have the resources to care for all the world's refugees.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Let them stay I say. We have plenty of government land the government doesn't need.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Let them stay I say. We have plenty of government land the government doesn't need.

Who's going to feed and care for them? Actually, I take that back. But the government shouldn't be the means to help them. This is an opportunity for the private sector to put their compassion to work. Liberty minded families can take these kids in and help them grow up to be responsible, liberty minded citizens. If the government does it, they'll grow up to be dependents.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    The most enthusiastic Americans are immigrants. They want, praise, and support all we stand for, but take for granted. After all,they've lived the 'other' life. We need young, enthusiastic citizens. I can't imagine any solution other than the gov't facilitating private opportunities for these kids. Even if gov't paid the whole tab, I'm sure the return on investment would be enormous. I'm not saying we don't have to control the borders, we do.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Pelosi explained, "We are all Americans -- north and south in this hemisphere," and urged America to see this as not a crisis but an opportunity "to be helpful."

No. No we're not all Americans in the traditional sense of US citizens. That they come from the same hemisphere or across the ocean doesn't matter. Creating a crisis and then using it for political advantage isn't "helpful".

However, it's not the fault of those children that Nancy Pelosi is a meddling *****. I think they should be treated compassionately, as we try to find a way to get them back to their own countries. We don't have the resources to care for all the world's refugees.
    :+1:

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    One definition of liberty is; freedom from arbitrary or despotic control. I believe we have a despot in control. I believe this despot arbitrarily enforces the US Constitution and immigration policies to what benefits him and enlarges the US Government.

I have have lost my government's ability to secure the borders. My government is arbitrarily allowing a flood of people to illegally walk across the USA boarder and into the USA. What if 5 ships appeared in New York harbor from country XYZ with 5000 people on board. Would I watch them jump overboard and illegally swim to land instead of walking across our borders? Then accept them with open arms? When does the illegal immigration stop?

I have lost the primary language of my country. I press #1 or #2 to select a language. Why do I not have the choice of #3 for French, #4 for Italian, etc. Maybe I speak a language other than English or Spanish. When earlier immigrants came to this country they spoke their native language at home. They learned the English language to conduct business and integrate themselves into American society.

I have lost the control of disease. Early immigrants where medically checked as they came through Ellis island.

I have lost the control of criminals entering this country.

I have lost the rule of law. The Federal government is arbitrarily enforcing immigration laws. As a US citizen I can not arbitrarily decide which federal laws to comply with.

The government does not pick up the "tab" for these immigrants, I as a tax payer do. The arbitrarily control of my paycheck is once again going to be affected through more taxes. I may subjected by Federal or State government higher taxation rates to pay for food, clothing, housing schools of illegal immigrants.

Do I think my state Senator or Representative is going to do anything to stop this? No.

Do I think the Federal government will do or say anything that would hurt their chances of remaining in here in the USA? No.

The point is I am losing losing some of my civil liberties by this Federal government arbitrarily choosing which laws it will enforce.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The most enthusiastic Americans are immigrants. They want, praise, and support all we stand for, but take for granted. After all,they've lived the 'other' life. We need young, enthusiastic citizens. I can't imagine any solution other than the gov't facilitating private opportunities for these kids. Even if gov't paid the whole tab, I'm sure the return on investment would be enormous. I'm not saying we don't have to control the borders, we do.

You apparently don't get out much. Hauling down the Stars and Stripes and running the Mexican flag up flagpoles, having rallies screaming 'we're taking over' and sending every dime they have above what they need to survive back to the old country while remaking our country into the sh*thole they left is not my idea of 'enthusiastic Americans who support all we stand for'.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Well, we can send all the bills to support their A$$e$ to you then. Medical, food stamps, on and on and on.

There was a house not far from me that was used as a place to show the incoming aliens how to use the system and get away with it. So many "Nice" cars/SUV's/trucks that they blocked streets and were parking in neighbors drives/yards.
    It was finally shut down. House is an abandoned wreck now.
    ****-em. Send their A$$E$ home....now.
    If you want in, do it right. Follow the channels provided like everyone else did before the Butt heads in the big boy chairs lowered the fences.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You apparently don't get out much. Hauling down the Stars and Stripes and running the Mexican flag up flagpoles, having rallies screaming 'we're taking over' and sending every dime they have above what they need to survive back to the old country while remaking our country into the sh*thole they left is not my idea of 'enthusiastic Americans who support all we stand for'.

Not all of them do the little mexico thing. We have some really decent neighbors that are doing it the right way.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Not all of them do the little mexico thing. We have some really decent neighbors that are doing it the right way.

I'm all for immigration. Because and FZ points out, when we vet the folks wanting to come in, the folks that are coming to become Americans, we do tend to get some very fine citizens. I feel compassion for folks that are trying to improve their lives but we cannot afford to tend to the world's young any more than we can afford to be the world's policeman.

Slither3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    West Lafayette
    One definition of liberty is; freedom from arbitrary or despotic control. I believe we have a despot in control. I believe this despot arbitrarily enforces the US Constitution and immigration policies to what benefits him and enlarges the US Government.

I have have lost my government's ability to secure the borders. My government is arbitrarily allowing a flood of people to illegally walk across the USA boarder and into the USA. What if 5 ships appeared in New York harbor from country XYZ with 5000 people on board. Would I watch them jump overboard and illegally swim to land instead of walking across our borders? Then accept them with open arms? When does the illegal immigration stop?

I have lost the primary language of my country. I press #1 or #2 to select a language. Why do I not have the choice of #3 for French, #4 for Italian, etc. Maybe I speak a language other than English or Spanish. When earlier immigrants came to this country they spoke their native language at home. They learned the English language to conduct business and integrate themselves into American society.

I have lost the control of disease. Early immigrants where medically checked as they came through Ellis island.

I have lost the control of criminals entering this country.

I have lost the rule of law. The Federal government is arbitrarily enforcing immigration laws. As a US citizen I can not arbitrarily decide which federal laws to comply with.

The government does not pick up the "tab" for these immigrants, I as a tax payer do. The arbitrarily control of my paycheck is once again going to be affected through more taxes. I may subjected by Federal or State government higher taxation rates to pay for food, clothing, housing schools of illegal immigrants.

Do I think my state Senator or Representative is going to do anything to stop this? No.

Do I think the Federal government will do or say anything that would hurt their chances of remaining in here in the USA? No.

The point is I am losing losing some of my civil liberties by this Federal government arbitrarily choosing which laws it will enforce.

+1000

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009

Pelosi is a double talking stooge. Consider the source. As for all the children, it would be worth checking to see how many were teen narco gangsters that the cartels sent as "seedlings". Since we don't have the means to take care of all of them, maybe we could just deliver them to their embassies and consulates. That might get someone's attention

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Both sides feel comfortable saying extreme things and demanding votes on different issues, they may even write some of the most foolish bills yet.
    because they are well aware that nothing is going to get through Congress before the election. So they can campaign on the things popular with the base and fundraise on it.

totally hypocritical

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Both sides feel comfortable saying extreme things and demanding votes on different issues, they may even write some of the most foolish bills yet.
    because they are well aware that nothing is going to get through Congress before the election. So they can campaign on the things popular with the base and fundraise on it.

totally hypocritical

Well said. For the most part we hear a lot of talk while the ship remains adrift and will continue to remain adrift until it slams into the rocks.

Top Bottom