• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Damn that take down lever! I didn't do the full-length idiot mark, but the small one I did as it slipped off that little plunger pin was enough to make me sick. I was being SO careful, which may have been my problem... sometimes being too careful gets you as sideways as being careless. Oh well, my plan is to shoot the snot out of it, and someday send it back to the mothership when it's full of beauty marks. Or, as I've seen others put it, race cars don't go fast until they get their first ding.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Damn that take down lever! I didn't do the full-length idiot mark, but the small one I did as it slipped off that little plunger pin was enough to make me sick. I was being SO careful, which may have been my problem... sometimes being too careful gets you as sideways as being careless. Oh well, my plan is to shoot the snot out of it, and someday send it back to the mothership when it's full of beauty marks. Or, as I've seen others put it, race cars don't go fast until they get their first ding.
    I will use a thin business card to keep the idiot marks away.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    File a small notch on the stop lug where it contacts the plunger. It will slip straight in and never run away from you. Or remove the thumb safety, pull the plunger back, insert the slide stop and reinstall the thumb safety. Don't fight it. Take control of it.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    File a small notch on the stop lug where it contacts the plunger. It will slip straight in and never run away from you. Or remove the thumb safety, pull the plunger back, insert the slide stop and reinstall the thumb safety. Don't fight it. Take control of it.

Ok, sheesh, filing a small notch actually makes *perfect* sense. I'm going to think on this one, that's a really great idea... thanks!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yes, there needs to be much slinging of 45 ACP lead, and gnashing of teeth, and soon!!

Bringing this one back from the dead, since I'm really considering the Vbob when I can save up the money (gonna be a while). What do you think of it now that you've had it a while? Also, what do you think about meeting at Point Blank in Carmel some Saturday?

TubThumper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Westfield
    This is why I visit lots of different threads here. I live in Westfield and had no idea Marksman even existed! Guess I know what I'll be doing come Monday :-)

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Bringing this one back from the dead, since I'm really considering the Vbob when I can save up the money (gonna be a while). What do you think of it now that you've had it a while? Also, what do you think about meeting at Point Blank in Carmel some Saturday?

Ugh, sorry, I just now saw this post! So what do I think of the V-Bob now that I've had it awhile? It's a .45 ACP scalpel, that's what it is. Although I'm still quite ashamed that I put a partial idiot mark on it, as noted earlier in this thread, I so far have absolutely 0% buyer's remorse. It's definitely a keeper.

I have a couple CZ's that I need to get to llh1956 to Cajunize, and I'm hoping to drop them off with him this Saturday. But yeah, once I get them back, I'll be jonesing for some range time. We could definitely meet up at Point Blank once I get them back, and you're welcome to test drive the V-Bob, I'll be sure to bring it along!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Ugh, sorry, I just now saw this post! So what do I think of the V-Bob now that I've had it awhile? It's a .45 ACP scalpel, that's what it is. Although I'm still quite ashamed that I put a partial idiot mark on it, as noted earlier in this thread, I so far have absolutely 0% buyer's remorse. It's definitely a keeper.

I have a couple CZ's that I need to get to llh1956 to Cajunize, and I'm hoping to drop them off with him this Saturday. But yeah, once I get them back, I'll be jonesing for some range time. We could definitely meet up at Point Blank once I get them back, and you're welcome to test drive the V-Bob, I'll be sure to bring it along!

Sounds good.

Top Bottom