• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Getting gas on the west side of Bloomington yesterday.

Two young girls both heavy with child and too skinny were getting gas for the old chevy beater pickup. Rust, bald tires, five tone paint. I've seen the truck and them around.

Noticed the front wheel was missing two lug nuts and pointed it out to them. I looked over at the pump and they put $10 in the truck and I didn't say anything. They told me they drive slow and money is tight. I sensed concern but never hand out cash to help others.

I let them talk a few minutes and made an offer. Five more gallons of gas and the three of us will go to Hardee's to talk. I picked up lunch.

Both girls have good hearts, but they just don't have any role models. Both are on public aid, and both "dads' want nothing to do with them. Neither have finished high school and have no intention of going back

As far as I could tell, a broken home was normal to them both. Neither had a father figure and no plan. They were polite, but overwhelmed.

I shared with them some places that could offer help, but it still is up to them to make the change. They both said thank you and would check out those sources on Monday.
    For everyone's information there is a home in Evansville called "Life Choices Maternity and Youth Home, Inc.." We put it together some years ago for pregnant minors who were thrown out of their homes for refusing to abort. They couldn't get into any shelter in the region. The mission has expanded to helping women of all ages who are pregnant or have children and no home or a less than healthy one. They could help these girls. The phone number is 812-428-3055. It is at 2225 W. Indiana St. Zip 47712.

My wife and I aren't involved with it anymore but if I starve to death in an alley I'll never regret a dime we spent getting it up and running.

Top Bottom