• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I hate the way people always want me to call for Craigslist ads. I surf the internet as night and I don't like to call people late.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I just have zero interest in dealing with a complete unknown. Others do. Go, have fun, carry a gun. Take a friend with a gun too.

I do admit to being curious which FFL this is, if any. I am guessing which one it is in my head, but not enough to make the call.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Anyone confirm if its leather unlimited?

I'm 99% sure it is not, there is one bloomington FFL holder who has "gone out of business" about 5 times already in the past 3 years.....

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anyone confirm if its leather unlimited?

I'm 99% sure it is not, there is one bloomington FFL holder who has "gone out of business" about 5 times already in the past 3 years.....

More than one in that case, but I don't think Chuck is even modern enough to know about Craig's list. Plus he is swamped with work smithing right now and should be ecstatic that he did not close after all!

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    More than one in that case, but I don't think Chuck is even modern enough to know about Craig's list. Plus he is swamped with work smithing right now and should be ecstatic that he did not close after all!

Chuck has email, he takes FFL requests via email. He's modern :laugh:

He wasn't "closing" to close, he was closing b/c he could make more money elsewhere just working a regular 9-5 job.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Ah, ok. Over there across the street from where the Cloverleaf restaurant used to be. Had no idea. Just saw a big sign with "GUNS" spray painted on it there for a while (probably/maybe still there). You know, like a kid might make up that said, "LEMONAIDE 10 CENTS"; except this one said "GUNS."

matthock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Bloomington
    Just saw a big sign with "GUNS" spray painted on it there for a while (probably/maybe still there). You know, like a kid might make up that said, "LEMONAIDE 10 CENTS"; except this one said "GUNS."
    Yeah, I've seen that sign a couple times on my way to Autozone - was still there as of a couple weeks back. I sometimes wonder exactly what the person who made that was thinking, since presenting that sort of thing as the public face of your business doesn't exactly inspire confidence from your potential customers :dunno:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I have bought guns and ammo from Gary. He is a nice guy, although sick of the business as of the last time I saw him. Really not so happy.

I bought him out of most calibers two years back when he was going out of business (.223 green tip @ $3.50/box -snifl). I have only been there once in the last year.

He runs a truck detailing shop and gun shop all in one. He works first shift for some company so his weekday hours are like 5:00-6:00 and saturday most of the day. His shop is open most of the day without him but with some person or another watching the place. You can look but not buy when Gary is not there.

In any event, whether he goes out of business or stays in, I just hope he can get it together in such a way as to be happier. Maybe that has already happened, like I said I have not been there in 6 months or so.

:twocents:

Top Bottom