• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jswift

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Grant County
    Well, I just picked up another AR. A Bushmaster Patrolman A2 with detachable handle. It ia chamber for 5.56/.223. Any one have any experience with this AR? I picked it up from Dunhams. I thought about keeping this one and selling my dad the used Del-Ton.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I can't tell you about you about your new rifle, but prehaps you could tell me about your Del-Ton. What did you think of it? How well did it work? (I just picked up a Del-Ton Sport a couple of weeks ago, hence my interest.)

...and frankly, you're lucky to get your rifle, as I was lucky to get mine. AR's are scarce these days.

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    if you dont mind me asking which dunhams store had ar's? i have a buddy that wont leave me alone about selling him one of mine because he put it off and now he needs one yesterday.

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    From my experience, both Bushmaster and Del-ton are quality firearms. The only thing I didn't like about the Del-tons are the LPKs that are part of their rifle kits. Sell the one they send you and buy one that is a little bit better. RRA, Bushmaster, and CMMG have been good for me in the past.

jswift

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Grant County
    I can't tell you about you about your new rifle, but prehaps you could tell me about your Del-Ton. What did you think of it? How well did it work? (I just picked up a Del-Ton Sport a couple of weeks ago, hence my interest.)

...and frankly, you're lucky to get your rifle, as I was lucky to get mine. AR's are scarce these days.

Lol... Tell you the truth, I haven't had the Del-Ton but a couple of weeks. I had it lined up to buy right before the craze from a friend ar work. I was planning on make ut my varmint gun. With no ammo I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet!

jswift

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Grant County
    if you dont mind me asking which dunhams store had ar's? i have a buddy that wont leave me alone about selling him one of mine because he put it off and now he needs one yesterday.

I had a rain check from the Dunhams in Marion. I believe they only had one and I was the lucky one I guess!

jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    Gander mountain had a bushy carbon 15 this eve. Thing was light as a feather. They had a package dealio with 120 rounds of american eagle and 3 p mags. Said that was the only option. Oh, and it had a red dot with it

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    From my experience, both Bushmaster and Del-ton are quality firearms. The only thing I didn't like about the Del-tons are the LPKs that are part of their rifle kits. Sell the one they send you and buy one that is a little bit better. RRA, Bushmaster, and CMMG have been good for me in the past.

Thanks for the feedback. I know my Del-Ton probably won't hold up like, say, a BCM or Noveske, but I'm not going to put thousands of rounds through it every year nor take it to the Hindu Kush to plink towel heads.

Thank you for the tip as well!

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Lol... Tell you the truth, I haven't had the Del-Ton but a couple of weeks. I had it lined up to buy right before the craze from a friend ar work. I was planning on make ut my varmint gun. With no ammo I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet!

I'm in the same boat. No ammo.

I hope your father likes the Del-Ton. I'm glad to have mine.

Top Bottom