Another accidental shooting at a gun show.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Another accidental shooting at a gun show.

Only minor injuries to 2 people. Could have been worse.​

But I am told on INGO you can point guns at people in a gun shop or gun show as the guns are not loaded.

Those who do not believe in Rule #1 have never seen anyone hit by a ric.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Wouldn't the zip tie go through the ejection port and barrel?
    Or was the zip tie to attach to a common anchor to keep the item from being snuck away?

OK, so somebody had the mag loaded............doesn't mean the dealer did it.
    Could have. Could also be some anti wanting to cause a problem.

The fault goes with the d*ckhead that spotted the mag, popped it, and didn't check chamber.

I hope he is sterile. If not, he needs to be surgically altered ASAP.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Accidents happen. Any one of us can forget to do something we know better to do...even if we do it 999,999 out of a 1,000,000 times, a moment of inattention can result in this sort of thing. And if any of us thinks "it'll never happen to me"....Thanks for the reminder to keep safety in the forefronts of our minds when we're handling guns.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    But I am told on INGO you can point guns at people in a gun shop or gun show as the guns are not loaded.

From the article: "Sergeant Carriger says no charges will be filed, but he reminds everyone to treat every gun as if it is loaded."

Paging ATM...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Right. Whether the gun is loaded or unloaded, the #1 GOLDEN RULE OF SAFE GUN HANDLING dictates that we: Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction. :yesway:

Safe is not a loaded/unloaded status, it's a direction.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    He took the zip tie off, noticed it had a loaded magazine, took that out, but didn't realize there was still a bullet in the chamber.

This just seems odd. Would love to see how he removed the zip tie. Rioters everywhere are curious as well.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Well, we should have a liberal at every corner of the gunshow, so that firearms may be conveniently checked/pointed in a safe direction.
    Bigger the better (of course).

Finally a use for Michael Moore

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Sounds like he broke rule #3 as well and didn't unload a gun he wasn't ready to use. Gun's only got one job.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Accidents happen. Any one of us can forget to do something we know better to do...even if we do it 999,999 out of a 1,000,000 times, a moment of inattention can result in this sort of thing. And if any of us thinks "it'll never happen to me"....Thanks for the reminder to keep safety in the forefronts of our minds when we're handling guns.
    What is "accidental" about pulling the trigger on a loaded firearm and it going off? I would be really surprised if it didn't. Ignorance can be fixed, stupid not so much.
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Certified Glock & M&P armorer
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think a vendor or anyone who leaves a loaded gun on a table or available for sale should be kicked out of the show. If it was a private seller that handed them a loaded gun it's even worse. Yes, the guy who pulled the trigger was stupid and most certainly at fault but it sounds like there is some fault elsewhere as well.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    This was no boating accident! Accidents don't happen. Negligence happens. This was not an accident, it was gross, dangerous negligence. The handlers here couldn't follow three basic firearms rules let alone the addition of a fourth esoteric metaphor. This happened again because the gun culture (us included) doesn't do enough to insist on safe gun handling.

Top Bottom