• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Whataburger is (still) very popular here. Started as a shack in Corpus Christi on this date (8 Aug) in 1950. I don’t think you can become a homerule city in Texas until you have a Whataburger.

Heard that they’re giving away free milkshakes today, may have to go investigate.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Stopped by one when I drove down to see my Son in December. Tried a patty melt at his recommendation and ended up only finishing the drink. Took a couple bites of the burger and ate a few soggy fries and tossed it.

Not a slight on Whataburger as a whole, I seem to get decent food around 50% of the time at best from fast food chains which is why I rarely visit them. I just don't think the food is as good as it used to be, maybe I'm old. The only chain that never lets me down is Jimmy Johns.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Whataburger's Hatch Green Chili burger is the best fast food burger in existence, and I'll fight about it without hesitation. Eff your In-n-Out nonsense.

I occasionally make my recreation at home. CostCo sells Hatch Chilis occasionally, so I have a few jars on hand.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I recently bought a gas griddle with the intention of re-creating the steak and shake double steak burger of yesteryear.

We stopped at a whataburger in Alabama or Mississippi a few years back, I was not impressed. I much prefer Mcdonalds Mcdoubles to the burger I got there.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    OMG! Sorry to say I'm not a fan. On a van tour I was on, we had 3 guys from Texas on it and drove by one on US 65 somewhere in Alabama. All 3 started begging the artist to stop there on the way back. All that day, all I heard was how much my tongue was going to orgasm with the taste of their food. We did stop on the way back and it was in my opinion no better than Burger King ETC! I was actually disappointed. Now about 6 months before I left Nashville, they built one about 3 miles from my house on a major road in my suburb. And it backed up traffic even more than usual. In fact it was right beside a Lowe's that I shopped at a lot. And you couldn't get in their parking lot due to the line for Whataburger.

Top Bottom