• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I traveled to the UK a couple of years back and sampled many, many fine brews. We wound up at an after hours place and all the locals were drinking was - you guessed it -Miller Lite and Bud Lite. I was stunned.

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    Hasn't been the same since they were sold to the Belgians. Switched to good old American whiskey not too long after.

Having had multiple extended family members(uncles, cousins) that have worked in the brewery in St. Louis, and going on their word, pretty much everything brewed there is the same. Busch/Busch Light came out of the same vat as Bud/Bud Light..just paying for the name on the can

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Who the hell buys beer for a specific alcohol content anyway?
    You don't live that far from Mars Hill. :):

pabst-blue-ribbon-tattoo.jpg

Last edited:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Lol they have been doin this for 25 years, then when folks drink "real" beer they dont like it... :laugh:
    Because what they were drinking was a rice based, cheap modified, water mash made to resemble wheat beer.

**** on em, the whold time claiming an exceptional, award winning, American lager.
    I pray for thier demise.
    AB must notice other American small time companies are slowly put the nails in their coffin.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    In general, American beers suck.

I've yet to taste ANY American beer that compares to the better European beers.

Even the micro-brews seem to ALL have what I describe as a "micro-brewery aftertaste".

What this "micro brew aftertaste"
    is it the unfiltered wheat ya had last night at your brothers, the sediment bother ya?

Did your nut brown "taste micro-brewery" with the over pronounced hops and walnut after taste?

Did your IPA with 8.5 taste like acidic oranges and lavender with the slight aftertaste of pepper.

Small, American breweries are putting out gallons of european blends that can facilitate your taste. THEY ARE OUT THERE.

The American craft brew movement is growing faster than any country as of right now, regional european brewers tend to stick with regional recipes such as Ireland's Stouts, or England's rich Porters and Browns. America's small breweries are pumping out magnificent recipes that aren't getting developed in such variety or quality anywhere else.

Take advantage of these micro brews and breweries Ed, Go to some more Indiana local breweries and get yourself some samplers, every brewery offers these. There are dozens of Liquor Stores that specialize in micro brews, they often have deals to where you can mix and match.

There has to be at least 876,345 beers made in America that dont taste like "Micro Brew"

MY POINT

Buying from local, or authentic American breweries, keeps jobs in America, and supports local economies.
    Not to mention the accessibility to consume the absolutely the freshest, American made beer that America can provide U.S.!! :40oz::patriot::ingo:

Last edited:

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I traveled to the UK a couple of years back and sampled many, many fine brews. We wound up at an after hours place and all the locals were drinking was - you guessed it -Miller Lite and Bud Lite. I was stunned.

Im not shocked. Fishing in Canada a few years back we stopped at a bar to have beer. Asked whats a good beer to try, thinking they might have something good on tap that we havent had yet. We were recommended Coors light, and told thats what the locals drink. One mans urine is another mans fancy import when it comes to beer I guess.:rolleyes:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    What's the big deal watering down water gives you more water right?

:+1:

I was going to say pretty much the same thing...how does one water down water? :dunno: :scratch: :dunno:

Haven't drank a AB, Miller's, Coors, etc. for many months (except at ballpark). Since I discovered micro brews a few years ago I just can't enjoy a Bud Light like I once did.

For me its been years since I've drank any of the popular/major brands of bland American monkey-p
    0piss.gif
    brands like Bud, Coor's, PBR, Miller, etc., that these companies have the inexcusable audacity to call "beer" (sic).

Living in Japan has turned me into a bit of a beer snob I guess... Living in Tokyo, I have easy access to both the excellent major domestic beers such as Sapporo, Ebisu, and Asahi, Japanese microbrews, and imported beer from makers all over the world, both large and small.

The only major U.S. brand that can be found in some grocery stores with any regularity is regular Budweiser:puke: , and if a store carries it, it is never more that 2-3 six-packs or a few loose cans. They don't want to waste the shelf space when they can use it to sell actual beer that doesn't(!) taste like
    0piss.gif
    . I suspect that the grocery stores that carry Budweiser only do so to cater to Japanese people that drink it for sentimental reasons to remind them of their time overseas/in the U.S., and/or for the oldsters that were around during the Occupation/post-WWII rebuilding period period when Bud was the only thing available...

Last edited:

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dear god, the apocalypse HAS started! First, they take away twinkles. Then they try to take our guns. NOW they're taking our beer?!?!

Where's my tin foil...

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    In general, American beers suck.

I've yet to taste ANY American beer that compares to the better European beers.

Even the micro-brews seem to ALL have what I describe as a "micro-brewery aftertaste".

What this "micro brew aftertaste"
    is it the unfiltered wheat ya had last night at your brothers, the sediment bother ya?

Did your nut brown "taste micro-brewery" with the over pronounced hops and walnut after taste?

Did your IPA with 8.5 taste like acidic oranges and lavender with the slight aftertaste of pepper.

Small, American breweries are putting out gallons of european blends that can facilitate your taste. THEY ARE OUT THERE.

The American craft brew movement is growing faster than any country as of right now, regional european brewers tend to stick with regional recipes such as Ireland's Stouts, or England's rich Porters and Browns. America's small breweries are pumping out magnificent recipes that aren't getting developed in such variety or quality anywhere else.

Take advantage of these micro brews and breweries Ed, Go to some more Indiana local breweries and get yourself some samplers, every brewery offers these. There are dozens of Liquor Stores that specialize in micro brews, they often have deals to where you can mix and match.

There has to be at least 876,345 beers made in America that dont taste like "Micro Brew"

MY POINT

Buying from local, or authentic American breweries, keeps jobs in America, and supports local economies.
    Not to mention the accessibility to consume the absolutely the freshest, American made beer that America can provide U.S.!! :40oz::patriot::ingo:

I think the "micro brewery aftertaste" may be the over pronounced hops you speak of.

But I do get a fairly steady exposure to micro brew beer.

I do try them whenever I go out and they're being served, and I have friends who are alays turning me on to them.

But NONE meet the challenge.

I had some here in Fishers on Feb 9th when we were out.

Sure, it was good and more drinkable than the average American mass produced swill, but it still had that same aftertaste I speak of.

SO, give me a few EXAMPLES of microbrew dopplebock that compares to Spaten Optimator or even Guinness Stout, that isn't over hopped with that micro brewery aftertaste?

Preferably in the Fishers area.

I'm ALWAYS open to trying new beers.

I just never find any micro brew stuff that compares to the good European beers.

SHOW ME?

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I prefer Scotch, but also enjoy rye whiskey. I do drink Budweiser once in a while, use it more for cooking than drinking though. Canadian is my choice of brews.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom